Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Default scott fischman\'s new site

So, I was reading Fischman's latest CP article, and I started thinking "he doesn't sound like such a bad guy, he sure does get a lot of flack for nothing"

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...php?a_id=14726

then, i got to the end of the article and clicked on his new site, www.thefishtank.com

my comments
1)dumbest name for a poker room ever
2)that was the worst flash intro i've ever seen...I would figure that the webpages 7th and 8th graders make upon their intro to the internet could design a better intro
3)so I guess they used that infamous pic of "the crew'...so "gank" was photo-chopped out huh
4) what does it mean to be part of the Doyle Brunson Poker network? Same games/players as Doyles room (like empire/party, and all the prima poker games?)
5) why do all these players think they have enough sway to carry a site? how much traffic can these mid-level poker "celebrities" bring in? Seems that even though negreanu is a big name, still hasn't brought success to Poker Mountain. Then you have Arieh pimping Bodog, gus hansen with his own site, etc. Odd that the #1 poker room (party) doesn't seem to have any professional sponsors.