Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 PM

Default donk observations

playing over the past year online has made me realize a couple of very important things. Beating donks is simple IF you have knowledge of their tendencies and patterns otherwise you're stabbing in the dark. Beating donks is not as easy as many make it seem; the most difficult part of beating them is that they are unpredictable. Sure, you can pick out mistakes that you made along your journey but everyone experiences this differently and will thus make different plays in different situations. You can count on beating them in the long run, but NOW in the short run (tournament play for example) the only hope you have is that you KNOW he will make mistakes that WILL bust him but are you gonna be sucked on the way is the important question.
Also, I've noticed that beating donks is especially difficult if they are in packs, lol. seriously though, if you're going up against a table of calling stations then you've got a long wait for some serious strength. But it's alright b/c ABC poker can get you by. Donks are most easily recognized by their many steal attempts...

I don't know, these are just things I've realized over the past year...