Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Flopped Straight, Lots of Action (PartyPoker $100 NL 6-max)

I am pretty new to the table and don't have any reads. Converter seems broken so I did my best to make it readable.
Comments on flop and turn are appreciated.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed)
Relevant Stack Sizes:
Hero (SB) ($100.90)
BB ($48.85)
Button ($268.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero (SB) completes, BB checks.

Pot: $3
Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets $2, BB raises to $6, Button raises to $10, Hero raises to $35, BB goes all-in for $47.85 total, Button calls, Hero calls (Note that I could not raise again)

Pot: $146.55; Hero has $52.05 remaining
Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $60 (putting hero all-in for his last $52.05), Hero ???
Old 07-20-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Flopped Straight, Lots of Action (PartyPoker $100 NL 6-max)

man...thats tough.

if you are going to call this, then I think you should push the turn instead of checking.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:00 PM

what was your reason for checking the turn? i'm pretty sure you're behind at least one of the opponents here to a J's full of K's or 10 boat. less likey given the lack of preflop play is youre also behind to the nut straight. i'm kicking and screaming but im folding here.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 PM

Without reads there you have to swallow your pride and lay that down. Not only you should you be very concerned with AQ, any flopped set (now full house/quads) or someone getting a fortunate turn card holding KJ/JT, but anyone you're beating could also be redrawing to a spade or diamond flush. It's a tough spot and having no reads hurts you but I'd definately say you're beat there.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Results

I called. Button showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and won the pot. BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Because he open-limped on the button I just had such a hard time giving him credit for AQ. Oh well live and learn.