Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know if I should lock this thread or not, but there seems to be discussion with flaming mixed. So, I'll let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should have been locked a long time ago. After the first 40 posts, it was pretty clear that no one was going to convince anyone else of anything at this point.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:30 PM

We will be definately scratching our heads becuase you didnt explain the hand.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ME 2003 Sammy Farha raises Dan Harrington just calls the raise with Ak couple other players call behind. Flop comes rage Sammy bets Dan folds.

Are you sure you don't want to reconsider whther he plays careful?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you'd read his book, you would've seen why he played it that way, and it had nothing to do with being "careful."
Old 07-19-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Did i make a mistake here? Orleans Open NL

Btw this is only the 2nd time in the whole tounrey that my money went in preflop. The 1st was QQ when i moved behind an early postion raiser. They called with Aq off and my hand held up and was shown. You still think i don't play qq this way? And you still think he has reason to believe my range is low as 88's and Aq?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:55 PM

Am I the only one that sees a lot of power gained by taking a flip here and doubling up? If you win, you have an M of 20. This gives you many more opportunies to steal the blinds and try and build a stack to get to the final table. You didn't really give any info on the other stacks at the table. I don't know if they're around 4k chips or if everyone else is really short stacked at like 2k-3k chips. This all factors into your decision.

Had you won that pot then gone total animal on that table afterwards, I'm sure they would have been confused by your constant raising if they view you as a solid player.

All this depends on what you're interested in, if you just want to barely make the money then be really pressured to get ahold of some chips to make the top pay spots. I would rather build a stack and try and get 1-3, that is where all the money is at.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:35 PM

I'm not about to go into the best NL players in the world...

Your orginal question was did the villian make the correct decision? You can say all you want about which hands you would make that play with, but you have to look through the villian's eyes.

You made a 6.5x re-raise or more appropriately, risked 6500 to win a 1700 pot. If you are a casual observer, does that seems like something a reasonable poker player (no matter how tight you may come across as being) would make if they had AA, KK, or QQ? If I had to put the probability of those hands, I would easily say something around 10:1. When you have TT and put that into context, then the only REAL hand you are afraid of is JJ, and everything else is worst case 50/50.

You may have gone all-in with QQ on a previous hand, but was that player at the same table with you? And was the over-bet as rediculous (6.5x the bet made, total amount ~4x the pot)? I highly doubt those were all the case.

As we know, poker is a game of inperfect information, so I think the villian made the correct call there, and that was in fact your orginal question, right?

You had other options than moving all-in and and the others would have made going broke on that hand much less probable
Old 07-19-2005, 11:30 PM

First I want to say that the full moon is the only explanation for this thread to still have lfe.

[ QUOTE ]
The issure is whther the 1010's made a good call.

[/ QUOTE ]
That damn sure is not the issue. The title if this disaster is "Did I make a mistake?"
Concerning that issue, most posters here have agreed that your push was a correct play.
The rest of this thread has concerned several other issues:
Did you read your opponent correctly? No
Did your opponent read you correctly? Yes
Having read you correctly did your opponent make the right play? Yes
You have been fixated on the call and might have avoided a great deal of this flamefest had you appropriately titled this thread. What you really wanted was feedback on your opponents call.
I personally am sorry to have added another post here.
Finally, you also have a clear dedication to survival poker, good for you, it works for you, hazah. But just as you misread your opponents hand and what he would do with it, you may also have misread his style.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:40 AM

If you read the lines right above saying that was the issure but wasn't one now because the majority agreed on the play. The reason the thread conituned to have life was the discussion of his call with the 1010's. And of course Sosman and his crew for isulting me for no reaosns. But i like how you went right past my comment above that and only take the quote about saying the issue is the 1010's. I know what the issues are i wrote the post remember?

I didn't get the flamfest because of any way i worded my original post. I got it because i didn't agree with Sossman's opinion and didn't appreciate the way he responded to my post. Which made all his buddies come on and fire insults at me because i'm an outsider and its easy to gang up on the outsider. Even when the outsdier is making very good sense throughout and has not insulted one person in this thread until insulted first. Everybody keeps forgetting that. Where are the apologies? No they insult and then they leave. I'm made to look like the bad guy whiile they fired insults ( again unprovoked mind you) and then go back in there closet. Can you guys at least admit i didn't insult you yet you came on here and insulted me? Anyone? Who has enough class to admit this? You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Closed Thread