Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Your opinions on another Top 2 Pair hand please ?

I’d appreciate your opinions on every street please. Would you do anything different ?

No real reads as it was only the 2nd hand, although the 1st hand was 6 to the flop so it seems a bit loose for this level.

Bet365 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG called, UTG+1 called, <font color="red"> Hero called,</font> MP1 Called, MP2 folded, MP3 called, CO folded, Button raised, SB folded, BB called, UTG called, UTG+1 called, <font color="red"> Hero called,</font> MP1 called, MP3 called.

<font color="green"> Pretty sure calling was correct here, although I’m happy to hear otherwise. </font>

Flop: (14.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players)
BB bets, UTG folded, UTG+1 called, <font color="red"> Hero raised,</font> MP1 folded, MP3 called, Button folded, BB called, UTG+1 called.

<font color="green"> This is obviously a great flop for me, and with the BB betting into the PF raiser I though the best option for me would be to raise again, and face the rest with calling 2 cold.

Was this the correct play, or should I have limped along given the strength of my hand ?</font>

Turn: (11.25 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checked, UTG+1 checked, <font color="red"> Hero bet,</font> MP3 called, BB called, UTG+1 called.

<font color="green"> Pretty standard I would think. </font>

River: (15.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checked, UTG+1 checked, <font color="red"> Hero ?</font>

<font color="green"> This is a terrible card for me as it puts 4 to the straight (doesn’t this always seem to happen when you’re running bad!).
Given the lack of a flush draw on the flop, I’m pretty sure one of these must have been drawing to the straight.

Knowing I’ve raised all the way through, I think either of the 2 before me could be going for a check raise.

Also, with MP3 still to act, he could have it.

What is your action here ?</font>

Final Pot: ?? BB

Results = I will post later.

J.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Your opinions on another Top 2 Pair hand please ?

Check behind on the river. You line looks good.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:58 AM

PF: Not sure about the limp. If UTG and UTG+1 are tight players, I fold. If they're loose players, I raise, so I'm not sure what you're doing with your first call. Second call is good. I'm curious though, could anyone make a case for overlimping in this spot with KJo?

F: Wow, big pot, nice hand. I'm not sure if waiting to the turn to raise is appropriate... quick observation: 76 will call you at 9:1 thinking they're getting correct odds: they're wrong of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, with the current number of opponents, and the semi-co-ordinated board, you should not be slowplaying. The reason to call, if it's correct to call, is to hurt them on the turn by giving them incorrect odds to continue.

T: Fine.

R: Check it. If MP3 bets and no one calls, I call. If someone calls, I probably fold.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:36 PM

I'm not good with this hand preflop. But on the flop the immediate raise is correct because the pot is big. If there were fewer players and a significantly smaller pot you could make an argument for calling.

On the river I'd check and probably call a bet from MP3 if neither one of the first two checkraises. If I didn't have MP3 behind me I'd consider a bet-fold.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM

eh preflop should probably be raise or fold. KJ doesnt' play well multiway, so you want to get it as shorthanded as possible, or don't play at all.

Flop you need to raise right away. The pot is big, do everything you can do win it, don't bother trying to grow it anymore.

Turn: fine

River: check behind and be prepared to overcall 1 but not both players.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:50 PM

I dump this in EP pre-flop.

Raise on the flop is correct. It's a huge pot, and your hand is a monster but vulnerable. Protect your hand.

Turn is standard.

River I could see checking it through or betting it. A read would be nice. . .