Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-04-2005, 10:25 PM

Default HU river play?

Villain was def loose but only played weird against the cash machine I was trying to isolate and was otherwise mostly sane; I thought villain *could be* a little agitated w/me (many pfrs, betting overs HU/SH and improving over him exactly like this hand here) so had that in mind when he raised an ace-less board; considering these things do you call this or 3-bet?

And if you don't mind, a reason why you do either...

Mike

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero </font>?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: HU river play?

I think I make it three. He may have a 7, but it could be two pair. He's unlikely to have a flush or exactly 97 compared to the other things he's raising here.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:45 PM

BT's play is sweet LOL. I think the main question here is does BB have a flush or 97 significantly less then he has something he would raise AND call with. I don't know. I would probably call. The only hands that fit the pattern that he raise/calls are 86 and K8.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:47 PM

A read that he likes to slowplay til the river like alot of these guys do would help since he could have more hands we're ahead of than K8/86. Going by the read that he's mostly sane he probably doesn't much, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A read that he likes to slowplay til the river like alot of these guys do would help since he could have more hands we're ahead of than K8/86. Going by the read that he's mostly sane he probably doesn't much, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody missed the suited 3 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Including me; I 3-bet.

He was pretty straightforward except for some goofball plays on button; but everybody was cashing in on him so didn't put much weight on that. But everybody seemed to be staying out of my way and I think *guessing* he might've been a little agitated w/me was a big mistake (that's partly why I 3-bet; and why I mentioned in OP, wondering if other ppl regret trying to guess villain's motive(s))...

Mike