Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-06-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Bluff raise turn?

Blinds are fish, loose PF, and not aggro post flop.
MP1 is multitabling TAG 13/6/2.3 after 500 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero raises.

MP1 had been acting fast when it was his turn to act preflop, and on the flop, but this time he paused for about 10 seconds and then bet, not that it matters much.
I hope he's holding something like AK, but, will he really laydown on the turn? or will he call and hope to improve to TP on the river with his odds. And will I have to fire at the river UI if he calls the turn bet? and he could just already have a PP, and he could just call me down with AK, I dunno, .. anyway What do you think about me bluff raising. And what else am I missing?

BTW, I think the rest of the hand is fine, but comment if you please
Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Bluff raise turn?

ugh... prepare to be called down by QQ.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:16 PM

Preflop and flop is fine. I generally check fold the turn. You will never fold a pair, but may very well fold AK or AQ.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:58 PM

your bluff raise on the turn is he worst play in the history of poker...hope it worked, you can retire it a winner.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 PM

I think this kind of play works better when there is a smallish pot and you have enough reason to think that your opponent has a hand that missed and is trying to get you to fold. Here, villain is very likely to have a big pair, and will call your turn raise to see the river with his AK/AQ/etc. or 3-bet you.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:46 AM

If the villain is a tag, meaning hes atleast decent at playing this game called texas holdem, then hes never betting this turn without a pair after 3 people called his flop bet including 2 fish. If he has AK/AQ he will check behind, and if he has a pair he will continue to bet. This means that your bluffraise will never work assuming the tag is smart enough not to fold a pair in this spot. So I hate your bluffraise, but if the villain has a history of pushing AK or AQ hands on the turn even after 3 or more call his flop bet, or he is weaktight and will fold pairs to suspicious turn raises than go ahead and try this checkraise, but I highly doubt that the villain plays this way.