Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Update to Goblin\'s Quest (little discussion content)

Ever run so bad at cards that you question your ability? Ever wonder if the success you've had in the past was only attributed to the fact that you were getting lucky by not getting unlucky? I've been going through this hellish introspective nightmare for the past few days. I don't know if I suck at poker or if I am just not used to swings of this nature.

Losing $700 at a crack sucks ass.

Before this goes any further, I need to update my BR status.

Last post it was about 1k. I received a windfall when I was dealt into a 2-4 BBJ game on party where a guy flopped quad 8's and his lone opponent turned a straight flush. So for being dealt into that particular hand, I am now bankrolled to play 10-20 limit. I still haven't decided if this is a good or a bad thing.

I have always felt I had the ability to play in the bigger levels, I was never bankrolled until now. After playing at the higher levels, I am convinced this is true, however the swings are much greater and I still am not used to being stuck $95 in one hand due to the usual slew of party poker suckouts that I have developed an insatiable tendancy for as of late.

I have been trying new concepts as well, raising preflop w/ hands I'd normally limp, and having very little success. The problem is, I don't know if I've been getting lucky in the past, or if I am just on a downswing. Sometimes I feel invincible and I know everything is going to hold up, and other times I see QQ on the button and I groan cause I know the flop is coming A-A-K. But I still raise anyway.

I realize there is little content here, other than me bitching about losing money that I won for mucking Q-4 offsuit. Life should always be this difficult.

Keep it real

PG