Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Butchered bottom 2

UTG is a 2+2'er (I know this because I've spotted his SN in a bad beat post in BBV). He probably doesn't know I'm a 2+2'er. I suspect he think's I'm over-aggro. In reality, he's far too tight and passive (atleast IMHO, 16/4.4/~2). I think his min-raise means a weak hand / he's testing me. He employed it earlier:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($417.90)
SB ($175.50)
BB ($703.65)
UTG ($125.40)
Hero ($383)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, Button calls $14, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($34) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $60</font>, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($154) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $234

Button is donkey (58/20/~1), easy to read etc, I'm just waiting to stack him.

Thus I think there's a good chance UTG has top-pair, but buttons cold call threw me off. A set Is unlikely but possible. Buttons cold-call could mean a draw, TP, 2 pair, etc.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($657.95)
UTG ($470.70)
MP ($448.60)
CO ($396)
Button ($1277.90)
Hero ($978.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $8, Hero (poster) calls $6, BB calls $4, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $80</font>, MP folds, Button calls $80, Hero calls $40.

Turn: ($280) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: ($280) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks with the intention of calling.

Butchered right?
I'm a bit lost here. Help me out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Butchered bottom 2

hand 1 push the flop after his minraise if he will fold a Q here.
hand 2 push the flop after utg minraises. u are way ahead of his one pair hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 push the flop after his minraise if he will fold a Q here.
hand 2 push the flop after utg minraises. u are way ahead of his one pair hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, in hand 1 I didn't know what his min-raise meant, I didn't want to push in case he did have a set. But I figured there was a good chance he was playing AK police, and had my reasons for playing it like I did, I just included it for context.

Hand 2, obviously If i knew he had one pair I'd push but I'm fairly deep and Button might have me smoked.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:47 AM

Hand 1: I dont mind the flop call of his mini raise. You're obviously getting odds. Plus, if he views you as as over aggro, wait til you hit and get paid.

Hand 2: I'll put in reraise on flop. You're ahead but vulnerable.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:47 AM

hand1: you can't always worry about sets. the thing is you are out of position and you will have to fold to a turn bet if you just call, and a good sized reraise doesn't solve anything.

hand2: it is highly unlikely he has you beat here. there are only 2 combos that beat u: 55, 66. JJ is unlikely. the guy doesn't limp J6s utg does he?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand2: it is highly unlikely he has you beat here. there are only 2 combos that beat u: 55, 66. JJ is unlikely. the guy doesn't limp J6s utg does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but button might have it, but you're right raise is good here, I just think all-in is a bit excessive.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 AM

hand 2:

I usually fold this preflop. Small suited connectors are extremely difficult to play out of position. But the stacks are deep so maybe calling is correct.

I think you have to reraise the flop and try to win the hand right there. The button is in fact very scary with his deep stack. I would make it $280 to go on the flop and see what happens. If button calls you are still probably ahead and i'd go ahead and push a safe turn. If button reraises flop, fold.

If you opt to call the flop and wait for a safe turn card to come off (which is reasonable but probably not the best move) you have to lead out with the great turn card you got. $200's a good amount because you can fold if button pushes. You can't afford to give a free card here.

As played, I like value betting the river but only if button is incapable of making a big bluff.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:53 AM

River: ($280) 2 (3 players)
Hero checks with the intention of calling.

ok, this makes absolutely no sense... u think he has a 3?
u think this passive weakling is gonna bet QJ and allow u to CR him?
WTF? BET!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:01 AM

Default RESULTS :(

Ya, i played this hand absolutely horrible, buttons cold call threw me off. they checked the river through with their AJ's [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think the best option is to 3-bet teh flop to hopefuly get it heads up with either, or atleast build a pot while I'm ahead.

ty for the responses.