Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Funny post season lines.....

How can team "A", on the road, be favored to win the series yet be a dog on the first game?

I can picture some scenarios where this would be correct, yet these seem uncommon. Yet some books have that situation for both AL matchups. Wierd.

The team that wins game 1 has a significant advantage, more so if the visiting team prevails. That may be a factor. Combine that with the weighting of the rotation where the presumed aces start later in the week for team "A" and a very close series could be priced in the "questionable" manner.

Hmm....thoughts?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Funny post season lines.....

According to today's USA Today the Red Sox are even for today yet are favored to win the series. Today they are sending Clement to the mound. Let me be as succinct as possible, he BLOWS. They must figure that Wkae, Schilling and Wells will win their respected games and take the series 3-1.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm....thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

The lines are totally whacked giving thinking bettors huge edges. Enjoy! The public is swayed by ESPN (Eastern Seaboard Programming Network) and have no real clue what a fair line is. They are told Boston and New York are virtual locks and buy it hook, line and sinker. San Diego can't possibly win a game and it's a wonder why they will even show up? This is all common knowledge. This remedial thinking goes on all season long but is even stronger come playoff time.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 AM

I wouldn't say that clement blows until he pitches today. He can put together a good game if he has his stuff.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say that clement blows until he pitches today

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately most books won't wait for your bet until after the game. You have to make your judgements beforehand. Based on the final month it would appear this game has a rather substancial starting pitcher mismatch.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say that clement blows until he pitches today

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the final month it would appear this game has a rather substancial starting pitcher mismatch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the public cares nothing about this which is why the whitesox at -105 has the most value today, imho. Dumpin more than I should on it, got a little excited [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also like Peavy +170
Old 10-04-2005, 12:00 PM

Also consider that Contreras has done pretty well against the two best hitters for Boston, Ramirez and Ortiz. Clement, on the other hand, has had some troubles with both Konerko and Podsednik.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today they are sending Clement to the mound. Let me be as succinct as possible, he BLOWS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clement has pitched poorly the 2nd half of the season, but he does not blow. He was a legitimate ace the 1st half. He shouldn't be even money in game 1, and he's probably the last guy I want to see start for Boston, but this statement is unfair.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Clement sucks, there i said it.

ERA 45.00 after one inning.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today they are sending Clement to the mound. Let me be as succinct as possible, he BLOWS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clement has pitched poorly the 2nd half of the season, but he does not blow. He was a legitimate ace the 1st half. He shouldn't be even money in game 1, and he's probably the last guy I want to see start for Boston, but this statement is unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I get to say my favorite 3 words I TOLD YOU.