Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Did I play my OESD correctly?

Play exactly the same!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:31 PM

You have a good point, I always try to see if I can go to war with someone when there are a ton of people along for the ride, but perhaps that isnt the best strategy. I will mix it up some more.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 PM

Nobody leads with a bet on the flop? Disaster if this is checked through, IMO.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:52 PM

nah confidant someone will bet.

I do bet the turn though!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:24 PM

yes
Old 06-03-2005, 09:28 PM

I think a river bet is pretty obvious. Checkraising doesn't keep BB around, and I don't neccesarily think he's guaranteed to bet with this pot 3 way. I think a checkraise would be money sauce heads up, however.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody leads with a bet on the flop? Disaster if this is checked through, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This flop getting checked through is not nearly as much of a disaster as an early/early middle player raising your initial bet. Plus, you w forfeit what may be some good check/raising equity on later streets with this hand when you lead out. Generally with open ended flops, I don't want to be the bettor from EP.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Raise the flop here. You got equity, also if you hit your str8 it is the nut str8
Old 06-04-2005, 04:07 PM

I'm glad I didn't get reamed for calling pre-flop. 5/4o isn't on anybody's standard pre-flop lists, even from the small blind, but I was getting >12-1. Plus, I've won so many pots playing 5/4 deceptively it's not even funny. I don't call it the "Moneymaker" just because it's what Chris beat Sam Farha with.

I see the argument for 3-betting the flop because of my equity advantage. Dumping tons of money on pure draws is one of those SSHE lessons I'm having a hard time following, just because "don't raise a come hand" has been drilled into my head. I obviously like the way it played out here, though; God only knows how the action would have went down if I had asserted myself more on the flop.

In retrospect, I probably should have bet the turn. If MP3 had two club overcards I handed him a free shot at his flush. Thankfully, he didn't take it.

It also would have been a disaster if the river was checked through, but since I did play passive and defer to MP3 on third and fourth street I was fairly confident he'd bet. Plus, if he did have unimproved overcards or a kaput flush draw, he'd have to bet to win. I didn't figure on BB putting any more money into the pot. He led the flop but only check-called the turn; whatever he was shooting for withered and croaked unless he had pocket 6's, but even then I have him beat.

Oh, and to whoever asked: the converter looks goofy because I didn't use the converter; since I'm not playing at a bison-approved site, I did it manually. All the bet counts are simply me adding up each bet. The "final pot" is odd just because that's after the rake. The final pot value was $8.50 = 17 BB.

By the way, MP3 had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].