Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Just got pulled over by the cops while walking at night

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like you're saying that cops are cops are cops, dicks that is, and it doesn't matter where you are, cops are cops and dicks are dicks, and cops will be dicks and dicks will be cops. Sounds about right.

I got pulled over a few years ago. He said "you didn't signal at that last turn." He was full of something brown and stinky, I DID signal, he was just "fishing." He asked for our IDs, we obliged. He asked where we were going, "work" is all I said. He asked me to get out of the car. I obliged. He asked if I had drugs or guns etc. I said "no." He said "can I search your vehicle?" I said "you don't have probable cause to search my vehicle." He then replied in an angry tone "I didn't ask if I had probable cause, I asked if I could search your vehicle." I said "I just told you NO."

He was pissed. He went into his car and I could hear him calling for the dog to be brought over to check our car for drugs. He was even more pissed when they told him it would be an hour. So the dick gave up and let us go.

NEVER give cops more than the absolute minimum, and never voluntarily cooperate with them if they're fishing.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

Jayz lyric can always save the day:

The year is ninety-four, in my trunk is raw
In my rearview mirror is the motherfuckin law
Got two choices y'all, pull over the car or (hmm)
bounce on the Devil, put the pedal to the floor
And I ain't tryin to see no highway chase with Jake
Plus I got a few dollars, I can fight the case
So I, pull over to the side of the road
"Son do you know why I'm stoppin you for?"
Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hat's real low
Or do I look like a mindreader sir? I don't know
Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?
"Well you was doin fifty-five in the fifty-four;
license and registration and step out of the car -
are you carryin a weapon on you? I know a lot of you are"
I ain't steppin out of [censored], all my papers legit
"Well do you mind if I look around the car a little bit?"
Well my glove compartment is locked, so is the trunk in the back
And I know my rights, so you gon' need a warrant for that
"Aren't you sharp as a tack! You some type of
lawyer or somethin, somebody important or somethin?"
Child I ain't passed the bar, but I know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my [censored]
"Well we'll see how smart you are when the canine comes"
I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one - hit me!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 PM

Well, it appears both you and I are tempting fate by dumping gas on the fire here...

But I gotta admit, that was good.

al
Old 09-05-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NEVER give cops more than the absolute minimum, and never voluntarily cooperate with them if they're fishing.

[/ QUOTE ]
That advice may or may not be helpful in a foreign country where the police may or may not have a right to beat your ass for little reason.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:18 PM

Foreign country?

I, like all Americans, think that the world, nay the universe, ends at the borders of the USA! USA! USA! (obnoxious hooting please). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al
Old 09-05-2005, 06:22 PM

You are a dick.

The next time someone is out of place at 4am in your neighborhood, I hope the police don't question them and they bust into your home and butt f**k you.

Maybe then you will understand a few simple things.

Next time don't be a prick, Give the man some respect and answer his questions. When he is done, thank him for his hard work and carry on with your worthless little life.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:09 PM

Most police are the guys that picked on others in school or the guys that got picked on. Most are bullies and nothing more. I think the officer's reaction to lawful behavior is testament to that. Frustrating the cops when they are trying to harrass you is one of the most thrilling and enjoyable things in life. Man, do they get angry when you don't submit to their every whim.

"Protect and serve" is a farce. Just look at the scores of officers in the NOPD who abandoned their post to save their own butts. The US National Guard Bureau is reporting that two-thirds abandoned the force.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone hates cops until they need one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That about sums it up, everyone says cops suck and what not, but someone breaks into your house or threatens you with a weapon, and you cant say "thank god the cops are here" fast enough. Of course cops arent perfect, you should complain about the bad ones, but in this case he seemed like a rather good one, if I knew someone was walking around my neighborhood at 4am I would want him questioned because odds are he is up to no good.

[ QUOTE ]
Most police are the guys that picked on others in school or the guys that got picked on. Most are bullies and nothing more. I think the officer's reaction to lawful behavior is testament to that. Frustrating the cops when they are trying to harrass you is one of the most thrilling and enjoyable things in life. Man, do they get angry when you don't submit to their every whim.

"Protect and serve" is a farce. Just look at the scores of officers in the NOPD who abandoned their post to save their own butts. The US National Guard Bureau is reporting that two-thirds abandoned the force.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cop bashing great, combined with stupidity and lack of knowledge, someone give this guy the stupidest person on the planet award. First of all the cops quit because they were outnumbered badly, a few were killed because people looted the gun stores. So they were badly outnumbered and had inferior weapons, not to mention the angry mobs kept targetting them. They knew they were going to get killed and werent even going to be able to do much, thats pretty much why they quit. If you are going to blame anyone blame the government for its slow response.
Closed Thread