Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 01:04 AM

Default KK Killpot Kurse...2 30/60 hands

Game is Potowatami 20/40 with a half kill...lately kill pots seem to be killing me as I always seem to be picking up AA and KK in these and getting my head knocked in with them. Last night was no different as I both times I picked up KK they were in kill pots...let me know what you guys think. I know people don't like 2 hands in one post but I am going to anyways.

Hand 1

I'm on the button, CO is the $30 kill, I have the KsKd and it's folded to the CO who checks his option, I raise to 60 and we take the flop heads up. Flop is 8s7s6c. CO leads out and I call. Turn is the 2s and CO has already bet dark, I raise and he calls. River is the 6h, I bet and he calls and turns over 59.

Hand 2.

This one is a bit of a nightmare. This time I have KK in the CO, the kill is to my right. The game has changed drastically from the first hand to this one as there are some much more loose agressive players in the game and it's only 7 handed. Utg limps, player right of the kill limps (clueless player), kill checks the option, I raise, BB calls as do the rest in the hand. Flop comes Qd6h4h. I don't have a heart. Checked to the killer (loose aggressive) who bets, I raise, BB calls, UTG folds, clueless calls, killer 3-bets, I cap, BB folds, clueless and killer call. 3-way to the turn which falls the Qh. It's checked to me and this was where I got totally lost in the hand and checked. River comes a black ten. Clueless bets, killer calls, I fold. 45 off for clueless and 46 off for the killer. What should I have done differently in this hand??? How many bet the turn???

Bob S.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:48 AM

Default Re: KK Killpot Kurse...2 30/60 hands

Hand 1, there's not much you're can do. I think if anything, you should be happy the CO was a pussy and didn't get more $$ out of you after flopping the 2nd nuts.
Hand 2, you have to bet the turn, and fold to a check-raise unless you know the opponents really well. They don't know that you don't have AQ or KQ and unless they are super-agressive or particularly astute, they won't raise without a Q on the turn. Since you said that the game was very loose-agressive, an opponent could have a flush, straight, straight-flush draw on the flop, or 6-4, which would've been counterfeited on the turn. After that, you can check behind on the river. The more I've played, the more I think checking the turn (vs. betting and folding to a raise) after a scare card hits can cause you to get pushed off hands on the river. As you played it, your opponents could easily think you had AK and I think you should make a crying call.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:32 AM

Default Re: KK Killpot Kurse...2 30/60 hands

hand 1 is no big deal... you should be thrilled he didnt 3-bet, 5-bet, and 11-bet the turn... i wouldve... folding for one bet in hand 2 is clearly insane. period.