Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Suggestions on where to go now

No more decent games via Eurobet. Empire closed my account months ago for being a low-limit whore. Party stopped allowing me to deposit for reasons unknown, telling me I had to contact Empire. Well, this sucks.

A lot of the posts I've read in response to the new Party silliness indicate people are going to Poker Room. A lot of you guys play much higher and at more tables than I do though, so I don't know if that's the best choice for small stakes folk like me. I've just gotten to 2-4 and I only play three tables at once (or just two shorthanded) right now.

So where to go now? From what I've heard, it's probably either Inter Poker or Poker Room and associated skins for a combination of good rakeback (30%) and soft limit games. I could be wrong though, and maybe Paradise and UB aren't as tight as I think they are anymore. Sites change over time, as the increasingly TAGiness of Party games has shown.

Here are my impressions of some of the sites that I've been looking at to put the majority of my bankroll in. If anyone has something to add or disagrees, please do so.

Poker Network (Poker Room, Bet On Bet, etc.)
30% rakeback, games nearly as soft as Party's, good reload bonuses, decent software.

Cryptologic (Inter Poker, Caribbean Sun, etc.)
30% rakeback, games nearly as soft as Party's, good reload bonuses, mediocre software.

Absolute
27.5% rakeback, average games, high stakes up to 50-100 if you play that high, lots of reload bonuses that take forever to clear, very bad software.

The Prima network (Royal Vegas, Gaming Club, etc.)
Up to 35% rakeback, otherwise mediocre across the board; games aren't bad but software is very slow.

Poker Stars
Terrible for limit ring games. As I'm looking at the right now, the biggest average pot at 2-4 is not even six big bets.

Paradise
Extremely tight, even at lower limits.

Ultimate Bet
Extremely tight, even at lower limits. And Phil Hellmuth works for them. Blech. Found a deal for 28% rakeback though.

Pacific
Fantastic games at all limits, with the ability to play only one table at a time with no rakeback and very slow, very crappy software.

Full Tilt
Bad all around, despite employing a bajillion celebrity players.

Doyle's Room
Just thought I'd throw this one in here. I have no idea about it.