Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 12:31 AM

Default AKs with trips?

UTG is LAG maniac 33/20, raising with midpair and other stuff. Initially I thought maybe KK or AA, but after the river...Was my play here OK? Slow down/bet anywhere? Thanks.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (14.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB.

<font color="white"> yeah I lost to 33 </font>
Old 12-10-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: AKs with trips?

Given your read, I probably would have played it the same way. When I look at the hand, I think you're probably up against another AK.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:36 AM

If he's a LAG, then he's a LAG! Cap pf, CAP flop (unless you fear K2, K3, 22 or 33 CAPPED pf)

Raise/cap turn.

Bet till he quits on the riv. YHIG.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:01 AM

I'm capping the flop, probably calling when bet into on the turn.

Pity, you probably split the pot and fed the rake [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 AM

thanks, I was in a downswing during this hand and had to see that it wasn't affecting me. Anyways, he had 3s, hooray. Despite that I should be raising it like a bitch I still get queezy capping with TPTK, but I'll start doing it with maniacs.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:59 AM

grunch...

The only street I don't like is the river. If we're behind on this flop, then the river probably didn't improve us. I suppose if villain has AA we just sucked him out. Wait, he's a LAG maniac? I guess this river is a raise &amp; call. I'm guessing he turned over KJ.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is LAG maniac 33/20

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this is LAGgish, but nowhere near maniac. We also need postflop af, plus maybe tell us about some other hands he's played (on what street was he raising a mid-pair...if postflop, what was the board, etc.).

But, your read is that he's a nutball...so why do you slow down on the flop and turn when you've got TPTK with no flush or straight possible on the board? This is total weaksauce given your read. otoh, you cap the river when you make trips but he's hanging with you. Once the board pairs and he's still betting into you, you've got to at least consider that he's playing KJ, a pair of deuces or treys or whatever.

So, nutshell: you're completely ass-backwards on this hand, and your "read" might as well be no read at all in terms of enabling us to analyze your play. Welcome aboard.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite that I should be raising it like a bitch I still get queezy capping with TPTK, but I'll start doing it with maniacs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, more weaksauce. You should be playing hard with TPTK against EVERYBODY and ANYBODY. Depending on the circumstances, of course (this hand being a great example of circumstances under which you might want to slow down on a particular street...the river in this case, since that second king made your hand really obvious, and he didn't slow down at all).
Old 12-10-2005, 03:02 AM

Thanks bozlax, your posts made me really rethink this hand and see how bad some decisions were. They make complete sense and I will definitely reread and take them into account when I'm playing.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:51 AM

Uh why did you stop raising. If he's Lagtastic I won't slowdown until I get 3-bet on the turn...

And then after hitting your 3rd K there is no reason not to raise, however after he 3-bets I would have had to see him 3-bet the river and lose with regularity to cap it...