Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Where am I at?

Paradise $2/$4

Passive game, bordering on the loose side.

1 limper to me in MP with T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] , and I raise. Folded to the button who 3-bets, SB calls, limper calls, I call. Four to the flop:

*** FLOP *** : [ 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ]

Checked to me, I check(?), button checks. Hmm. Four to the turn:

*** TURN *** : [ 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ] [ 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ]

SB checks, limper bets, I raise(?), button folds, SB folds, limper calls. Heads up to the river:

*** RIVER *** : [ 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ] [ 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ]

Limper checks. Bet or no?

I really don't know if I played any street right on this hand. I talked with a friend about it, he wasn't too sure either. Comments?
Old 03-09-2003, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Where am I at?

Preflop, I like your raise here.

Flop, I think check is fine, what was your plan if the button bet.

Turn. The small blind cold called nearly three bets, his check on the flop could have been because he was planning on checkraising then. I suspect that he has top pair, but he could also have a smaller pair, and he believes that none of you have a King after both of you check. When he calls, your bet, I think he has to be planning on calling the river.

River, I would really expect that the SB has top pair, or a pair bigger than yours that he isn't going to lay down. I would check behind, and be happily surprised if I won.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:54 AM

I like your pre-flop play.

On the flop are you going to check and fold to a button bet? I think there is nothing wrong with that, but if you are going to check and call I think that is horrible and you should have bet it. I'd usually bet this flop and depending on the player I'd fold to his flop raise or call and check / fold the turn.

Turn: I don't like the raise here. You aren't going to make a King fold I don't think, but I also think you are giving up too much by folding so I think you should call here and call the river. If your opponent is bluffing you make the most, if you are behind you lose the least. If you raise like this I think you should be raising with the intention of checking it on the river if you don't hit.

River: Check. If he is bluffing he won't call. The only hand he could have that might call you here is a 7, but I still think you should just check it down.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:59 AM

Well, if it were heads up, I'd certainly agree with calling him down. But with two other opponents in, I wanna get rid of the AQ, or 66 or whatever else they're holding onto. If I get 3-bet by anyone, I have an easy laydown.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:01 AM

Yes bet the river. You should be ahead here very often, and will probably be called by worse often. You may even induce a ridiculously played JJ to fold.

I would have bet the flop.

Other than that, you played fine (assuming you bet the river).