Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Guy beating up his girlfriend on the street

did you ever stop and ask yourself

"maybe she should just do what shes told?"
Old 11-14-2005, 08:40 AM

The girlfriend may not have appreciated your calling the cops. She chooses to be his girlfriend afterall, and now he will be pissed at having the cops called, and he will blame her for that happening.

If she wants you to call the cops, then fine, but she wasn't in serious danger from what you describe, and she may not appreciate your meddling. What do you know about what their relationship is?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:00 AM

I think you intervened in the best way possible there.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM

You did the right thing. Don't try to personally intervene in these situations. Let the police handle the situation, that's what they're paid for and trained to do. You don't want to get yourself in the middle of a domestic dispute -- that would be a good way to get yourself killed.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 PM

Being results-oriented I'd say your play was good, as the cops got there quickly and no harm done to your person.

I do think the least you could have done was shout in their direction. I think this would subdue the guy just a bit, knowing that someone sees this.

I would shout without getting TOO close and then call the cops. You are probably right, he was probably drunk and you just don't want to get involved in that crap.

Anyone over the age of 25 has too much to lose over something like this! If you are under 25, I'd say being a hero is much more feasible.

This, of course, is just a huge generalization. All-in-all I'd say good play by you.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went outside to get some air and smoke a cigarette.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:02 PM

What if she just wouldn't listen to him?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 PM

I vote that you did the smart and correct thing.

Personally I would have probably approached (and I generally keep an eye out for weapons of opportunity about)

I was living in richmond at one point and something very similar happened in my front lawn. So my dog is going apeshit barking and I look outside and there is this dude that just smacked this woman hard enough to knock her to her knees. Now I don't like people on my land so I immideiatly open the door yell something to the guy like "Hey, that's enough take it away from here." or some such. The guy turns and does a "F#ck you" and sticks the old middle figer out. So I grab his finger torgue it forward and hit him in the throat when he leans in nice and close. Two hits to the stomach and I throw him to the ground, give him a kick. I take one step and turn to the chick. I hear "You F$cking b#tch!" at this point I catch her fist in the head, and she jumps on me as starts smacking an bunching me. I actually was a moron and didn't outright clock her so I ended up getting knocked to the ground. Of course the guy happens to be getting up at this point too. So suddenly I hear the guy start screaming like a little girl and the woman yells out as my dog (who had ripped through the screen door) decides she wants to be invovled to and has proceeded to bite and claw the woman on top of me.

What follows is a strange and awkward period of me getting my dog under control and the idiots (who apparently were terrified of dogs) leaving holding each other and yelling the occasional F*ck you from a safe distance.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 PM

This is about my play in the situation. Multiple rapes have occured near my house and 1)that ain't cool, 2)it brings lots of police around a house which the police should not be driving around frequently (though I won't mention why, everyone take a guess). So if I walk out to this crap, I'm definatly getting ivolved. But first I'm walking back in the house and waking up my two roommates and my nice Boxer/German Shepard/Lab mix that loves everyone unless they make any kind of gesture to me. Then she puts them on the ground. Also, we grab something along the lines of pool cues/golf clubs and walk outside. At this point its a very simple matter of walking up and politely informing the guy that hitting women just isn't right and that he needs to go somewhere else. Also, I try to get some pussy for being a hero.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 PM

If you had saved her you could have gotten some pssy