Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Are we forbidden to criticize moderators?

Today I made a post agreeing with those who criticized Dynasty and mysteriously my account was deleted from 2+2. I have had to reregister. Is this normal practice for 2+2 to delete the accounts of those who criticize moderators, or just the practice of those moderators who can't take a little bit of criticism and are on a power-trip. Talk to you all later after my account gets deleted again.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Are we forbidden to criticize moderators?

If you were deleted I doubt it's because of you innocently and politely disagreeing with the moderator.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:30 PM

You're posting from your original account. Obviously it has not been deleted.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM

Here's a copy of my post:
[ QUOTE ]
I must agree with you, sir. He suspended me for calling Mike Matusow an a-hole. The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. Give me a break. First of all, in my post, I called him an a-hole, and then wrote that I am too. In other words, I'm just like him. I'm on his side. I then went on to say how there are people like him in every walk of life. It's not like I went Mike Tyson on him and said I want to eat his children or said he should die, which is something people on here have said to me. Have they been suspended for that, no. But just call the guy an a-hole (an opinion shared by 99% of people who know him, 99.5% if you include his immediate family) and you get a week off with no 2+2. Secondly, if Matusow is so thin-skinned that a few harsh words toward him would prevent him from participating in intellectual debate, do you really want him to participate? Don't you think he's heard worse from better players than me?
Is it my understanding, then, that we can only express our opinions here as long as they don't offend the moderators?
And, if Dynasty doesn't enjoy the power, then why does he brag about it? link
Well, I'll see all of you after the suspension I receive for criticizing Dynasty.
I'll know I've truly made it in the poker world when nobody on 2+2 can say mean things about me that may hurt my feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]
And a link here
And here's a link to the original post that got me suspended here
I don't think either was beyond decency.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:38 PM

Why did I have to reregister it and when I logged in, I received the nice little welcome message? What was that all about? When I first posted this, I clicked on my name and it showed me as having no other posts. Now it shows as my original, but it didn't before.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did I have to reregister it and when I logged in, I received the nice little welcome message? What was that all about? When I first posted this, I clicked on my name and it showed me as having no other posts. Now it shows as my original, but it didn't before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might have been a techincal issue.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:41 PM

And by the way, thanks for taking care of the book for me. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If it was, and I'm mistaken, you can see how the timing of the two events is very suspect. When I reregistered, I used the same info, I checked my status, and it indicated I was new, the only pm I had was the administration's welcome. Now everything is normal again....very suspicious. I smell conspiracy. I think Dynasty was on the grassy knoll.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If it was, and I'm mistaken, you can see how the timing of the two events is very suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you're just overly paranoid
Closed Thread