Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Stats correlating to each other

The following is a reply I made in another thread. Anyone want to make an effort and help me understand how VPIP affects the other major stats here?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, here are mine (W$WSF/WtSD/W$SD) 42.66/29.98/57.46 (VPIP 20.45) thru all of my 39K hands at 5/10 6-max.

I realize my WtSD is well below normal. I tried to make a conscious effort to showdown more hands a while back but that just put me on my first 300BB downswing. FWIW, with the above stats, I'm up very marginally.

However, I feel I'm still making bad calldowns. I don't want to call hands down just to do it to increase this number. I agree that with a lower VPIP comes a higher W$SD. But with this higher W$SD, how does this affect WtSD? At first glance looking at my W$SD and WtSD, an initial reaction would say definitely get to SD more often. But how does the low VPIP impact the WtSD number? FYI, my Folded to River Bet(FRB) is 44.51%, which is also high.

So why are these stats like this? Am I not getting to SD that often because my opponents are folding before SD knowing that they're most likely beaten? Am I not calling down enough 2nd pair-top kicker type hands HU on the river, (resulting in a high FRB%)? Or, is a higher FRB consistent with a lower VPIP since players are more likely to value bet the river knowing they can beat my 2nd best hand? Am I not being passive enough postflop and letting my opponents bet my hands for me, thus seeing a SD?

Just wondering since my stats have always been on the more conservative side.

[/ QUOTE ]