Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: War and relegion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude. a huge motivator?

[/ QUOTE ] For the people who are fighting the war and the people at home supporting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The people in the military are generally much too professional to be motivated by their religious beliefs in fighting this war. I know that might surprise you, but from my experience it is absolutley true. We have enough motivating factors to fight on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in the military?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're only a "kid"?

[/ QUOTE ]

33, in for 11 years thus far.

"kidluckee" is just a poker screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

33? C'mon kidluckee, I'm not sure you could sell the concept of you being 33 to a single person on this forum. (your postings seem uber-youthful)

Cheers,
SDM
Old 09-22-2005, 04:58 PM

"THE BANNER OF GOD DOES NOT COUNT!!!!!! "
Why does the banner of god not count?

"why dont you talk about some ACTUALL religious wars. There have been PLENTY." They aren't as interesting a thought exercise.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Religion is used to rile up the mases on thier side, but on our side we are very professional?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is highly plausible. where have you been for the last 100 years? we are teh pwn w/ money, power, technology and communication. They are not.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"THE BANNER OF GOD DOES NOT COUNT!!!!!! "
Why does the banner of god not count?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say that i want the money in your wallet. I attack you and scream "GOD IS ON MY SIDE!!!". i attacked you for the money, not because god was on my side.

[ QUOTE ]
"why dont you talk about some ACTUALL religious wars. There have been PLENTY." They aren't as interesting a thought exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

your brain must be very tired from all the insane stretching and speculating your doing.

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Religion is used to rile up the mases on thier side, but on our side we are very professional?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is highly plausible. where have you been for the last 100 years? we are teh pwn w/ money, power, technology and communication. They are not.

[/ QUOTE ] Are you in the military as well?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ] Are you in the military as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] NO!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say that i want the money in your wallet. I attack you and scream "GOD IS ON MY SIDE!!!". i attacked you for the money, not because god was on my side.

[/ QUOTE ] Lets say that i want the money in your wallet. I scream to people that would follow me and God "God is on our side". They go get the money. I attacked you for the money, but they attacked you for justice.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Ok so why are you chauvinistic?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Lets say that i want the money in your wallet. I scream to people that would follow me and God "God is on our side". They go get the money. I attacked you for the money, but they attacked you for justice.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt the reason for said attack be that you want my money? religion in this case is used as a tactic in war, rather than a reason for it.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so why are you chauvinistic?

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not. I was simply stating a fact. you should look that word up before using it so liberaly.

stop posting here as you are not adding anything constructive nor using an open mind in this argument. also you are getting off topic.