Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: What is the avg rent around Las Vegas?

[ QUOTE ]
Average rent for a 2 bedroom right now is around 800-900, now this is in a descent area, toward henderson and what not. The closer you live to the strip the rent is in fact cheaper, but you are living in lower class unfortunetly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. I must be getting screwed. I live just half a mile from the Strip and pay $1,104/month for my two-bedroom place.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:11 AM

I pay 1k for a 3 bedroom apartment in a commmunity on the northwest area and I don't even live in Vegas yet... (long story) I'm still in State College, PA paying a $600 rent for a 3 bedroom townhouse and $550 for another 3 bedroom townhouse. [censored] , why am I paying for 3 places?

Vlorg
Old 09-11-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pay 1k for a 3 bedroom apartment in a commmunity on the northwest area and I don't even live in Vegas yet... (long story) I'm still in State College, PA paying a $600 rent for a 3 bedroom townhouse and $550 for another 3 bedroom townhouse. [censored] , why am I paying for 3 places?

Vlorg

[/ QUOTE ]

So I assume that you share the PSU places with 2 other people at each place? BTW, where are they at?

My place senior year was 1500/4 (2br apt. at Greenwich crt.)
Old 09-11-2005, 12:37 AM

Yeah you undergraduate students get [censored] !. Both my $550 (misleading anyway add $70 association fee, $20 insurance, and $80 taxes) mortgage and $600 rent are neighboring 3 bedroom townhouses. No sharing. I have 2 3 bedroom places all to myself !! (well with my 2 year old son and 3 year old daughter most of the time). Forest Edge apartments on West Aaron Drive. I could make a killing when I eventually rent out the one I own if I rent to undergraduates. But that's the thing, undergraduates students TRASH houses ( and they often don't pay rent on time or at all) so I probably just rent it out for 800-900 to a family.

Vlorg
Old 09-11-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you undergraduate students get [censored] !.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But that's the thing, undergraduates students TRASH houses ( and they often don't pay rent on time or at all)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these two are connected, mostly the 2nd being the result of the first. I know that any place I got while in State College, every person was required to have parents cosign. I only lived in places owned by the bigger members of the rental cartel, so they could get away with it.

I'd probably rent it to a family, although the rent students pay during the summer when they aren't usually there is tempting.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one thing that I found cost a hell of a lot more than I was used to was auto insurance. The insurance pool in Las Vegas is VERY dirty. My rep told me that more than 60% of the drivers have at least one accident.

I have a Ford Mustang. I have been driving for 28 years with no tickets and no accidents. It cost me $400 a year in Wisconsin to insure. It cost me $700 a year in Minnesota to insure. It now costs me $2200 a year in Vegas to insure. That is VERY ugly.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Something isnt right with your situation. I have been driving for 17 years with a few tickets (only one speeding on my record now) and last year I paid $700/year for an 02 Lexus and $600/year for an 02 Tahoe. Neither of those were a multi car policy.
Although Vegas is known to be in the higher range when it comes to insurance, what you are paying makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live in Henderson? There is a major premium difference between some Henderson zip codes and some Vegas ones.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But that's the thing, undergraduates students TRASH houses ( and they often don't pay rent on time or at all)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these two are connected, mostly the 2nd being the result of the first. I know that any place I got while in State College, every person was required to have parents cosign. I only lived in places owned by the bigger members of the rental cartel, so they could get away with it.

I'd probably rent it to a family, although the rent students pay during the summer when they aren't usually there is tempting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys both got jipped. I had the apartment above the Brewery bar and paid 300 a month...had my own room, a bar in the living room, and a balcony. And I was a block from campus.

Man was I cool...

...it was so easy to get laid when I was at the Big sleazy and would tell a girl my apt was literally across the street.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys both got jipped. I had the apartment above the Brewery bar and paid 300 a month...had my own room, a bar in the living room, and a balcony. And I was a block from campus.

Man was I cool...

...it was so easy to get laid when I was at the Big sleazy and would tell a girl my apt was literally across the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a sweet setup. I had a pretty short walk from the Saloon. Otherwise I hated that place.

Gonna be nuts OSU weekend.