Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: What is the Democratic Party Plan of Action in Iraq Anyway?

I don't think the UN wants to have anything to do with Iraq. When they're base got blown up they just left. There is nothing for them to gain there.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Do I detect signs of frustration ?

Who cares about the "Democrats' strategy" ?

How about the right strategy ? Isn't this what should be asked ?

FYI, there is such a proposal on the table. Been there for some months now. Everybody is afraid to look at it, because everybody is a politician, and wall they carfe about are labels; they don't wanna be labeled cowards or traitors.

They are politicians and and not statesmen, see.

Iraq : The Logic Of Disengagement
Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: What is the Democratic Party Plan of Action in Iraq Anyway?

Like I said, I dont know the current sentiment, however, there have been numerous opportunities to pass the buck.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Is you is ?

[ QUOTE ]
No one in the mainstream media, or most Democrats has helped the situation in any way.

[/ QUOTE ] You must be thinking of another planet. The mainstream media and almost all Democrats were falling all over themselves to get labelled as "patriots" and "above politics". Those embedded reporters were feeding us the Pentagon line; a far cry from the Vietnam days, when the media was all over every military claim.

[ QUOTE ]
We are at war. It's unpredictable, it's ugly, and time and time again through history, necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, this is not a war in the literal sense, for America. There has been no war in continental America for more than a century.

9/11 was a serious terrorist attack but not an act of war. People who have not known real war are prone to exaggerate like this. A Soviet citizen, for example, who has known real war (i.e. WW2) would never characterize as war the attacks from Chechens on Moscow's civilian buildings.

For the Iraqis, of course, it most certainly was a war, a real war -- and now it's an occupation, both literally and legally.

America is at "war" against terror -- though it's a very different kind of war, different than any war that went before. The term "war" can be used to make a point. The usual epithets about war do not apply.

And, just thought I'd mention it: The war against Iraq has nothing to do with the "war" against terror. It's important to remember this.

[ QUOTE ]
The war [in Iraq] is being fought poorly, as in saying not aggressive enough. We're playing politics with it, playing with lives. Pussy-footing around even.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh you want more Iraqi blood? How much more?

[ QUOTE ]
Saddam was going to be removed any ways. He was undercutting the world market in oil sales to Russia, China, France, and Germany. Well, the U.S, being buddy buddy with the Saudi's, yes Clinton was to, couldn't let this continue.

[/ QUOTE ] Nope. Try again.

When Bush came on and started rattling sabres against Saddam, the price of crude was already on the march upwards. And that kind of upwards march NOBODY wanted, not the Saudis, not the Europeans and not the Americans. (The Russians - maybe.) The Saudis are perfectly happy with crude around $25-35 per barrel. The western economies can withstand that level but above that they get sick -- and the Saudi petrodollars have all been invested in the West.

[ QUOTE ]
The 120 richest families in the world don't get together once a year to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ] Is you a conspiracy nut? Because if you think that the whole thing is "rigged" and "pre-planned" by Bildeberg or the Elders of Zion, I have just wasted bandwidth to write this post!