Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 07:07 AM

Default A Message from Cindy Sheehan

This is why jurisdictional cosiderations are a paramount before troops can be deployed within the U.S. by executive fiat. If jurisdictional considerations are not taken into account you'll get more than the extremists making claims such as:

One thing that truly troubled me about my visit to Louisiana was the level of the military presence there. I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them. But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs. I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me. Sand bags were removed from private property to make machine gun nests.

A Message from Cindy Sheehan
Old 09-17-2005, 09:21 AM

Default The queen of the tin foil hats blathers on

Here's more from the queen of the tin foil hats

"I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I donÕt care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they donÕt fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest."

So there you have Mr. President get those nasty troops out of New Orleans regardless of the facts.

This woman needs a CAT scan.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: The queen of the tin foil hats blathers on

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, she needs a straightjacket.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just a bottle of Maker's. That'll calm her down.

Seriously, I'm just waiting for the resident Bush-haters and Sheehan backers to come here and tell us how logical THIS last bit is?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She needs the media to start ignoring her ramblings.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Wolf PACs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lot of venomous, personal abuse, such as the above, directed at this woman from pro-war fanatics. This woman is a mother who lost a son, in case someone has forgotten.

On the other hand, there are other mothers who lost a son but who have publicly expressed their continuous support for the U.S. President and his war policy. I have not seen the anti-war side attacking these women in any similar manner.

Any psychologist worth his hourly fee would tell you that the viciousness and the multitude of the personal attacks against Sheehan betray a guilty conscience.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Wolf PACs

[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of venomous, personal abuse, such as the above, directed at this woman from pro-war fanatics. This woman is a mother who lost a son, in case someone has forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel sorry for Casey Sheehan. Not for Cindy Sheehan.

[ QUOTE ]
I have not seen the anti-war side attacking these women in any similar manner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably because the pro-war women usually don't try to grab as much media attention as possible while waving the bloody shirt of their dead son.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, there are other mothers who lost a son but who have publicly expressed their continuous support for the U.S. President and his war policy. I have not seen the anti-war side attacking these women in any similar manner.

Any psychologist worth his hourly fee would tell you that the viciousness and the multitude of the personal attacks against Sheehan betray a guilty conscience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because the loss of her son gives her any authority to talk about the flooding in New Orleans. She's clearly lost it, either due to grief, or to being so stupid that she's caught up in her pseudo-celebrity status.

Its beyond "for the war" or "against the war". Its into serious mental deterioration.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably because the pro-war women usually don't try to grab as much media attention as possible while waving the bloody shirt of their dead son.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in other words: if you seek media attention, you deserve venomous, personal attacks? I can think of many people who openly seek media attention, but who I wouldn't subject to such criticism. Media whoring isn't exactly uncommon, particularly in politics.

Perhaps there's something about what she's saying, and not merely that she's looking for a medium to say it, that you feel merit attacks on her?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect the fact that she lost her son.
I respect her son for voluntarily joining the military
I respect her son’s family for supporting him.

I lost some respect for her when her son’s family (wife, etc) said she doesn’t speak for them or her son.

I lost more respect for her when she decided that she was the self appointed spokesman for families who lost members in the military.

I lost even more respect for her when families who lost members in the military stated that she doesn’t speak for them.

I lost more of what was left of my respect for her when it was obvious that in her mind “it’s all about her”

I lost the rest when she hired a publicist, a media consultant, a full time make-up person and a writing staff.

She became a joke when the Michael Moore crowd got involved.

She met with the President once – that wasn’t enough for her

Now she’s doing everything she can to get back in the media spotlight.

She doesn’t disserve any more respect or attention – she’s destroyed her own credibility.

What she does need is professional help, psychological, not media related.

I don't hate her - I pity her.