Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Favre Swan Song?

I'm fairly certain that this will be Favre's last year in the NFL. If you look at the Packers schedule they're probably not going to win too many more games. Lots of injuries including Green, Davenport, Ferguson, Murphy, and Walker. If memory serves Davenport and Green are on the last year of the their contracts. Sherman signed a new contract but there's a buyout clause and Thompson is in his first year as GM. IMO no way Thompson stays with Sherman after this year. Which leads me to why I think Favre will hang them up. The Packers are facing a major overhaul after this year and I don't see Favre wanting to stick around for that. Also a new coach probably will want to play Rodgers to see what he's got. I don't see Favre playing for another team either. Favre's got that consecutive game streak going but be's hot and cold. He threw 5 interceptions against the Bengals and although I think he's still at least a decent QB he's not nearly the player he was 8-10 years ago IMO. The Favre "gunslinger" hype has been excessive but I've enjoyed watching him play. We'll see if I'm right.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Favre Swan Song?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly certain that this will be Favre's last year in the NFL. If you look at the Packers schedule they're probably not going to win too many more games. Lots of injuries including Green, Davenport, Ferguson, Murphy, and Walker. If memory serves Davenport and Green are on the last year of the their contracts. Sherman signed a new contract but there's a buyout clause and Thompson is in his first year as GM. IMO no way Thompson stays with Sherman after this year. Which leads me to why I think Favre will hang them up. The Packers are facing a major overhaul after this year and I don't see Favre wanting to stick around for that. Also a new coach probably will want to play Rodgers to see what he's got. I don't see Favre playing for another team either. Favre's got that consecutive game streak going but be's hot and cold. He threw 5 interceptions against the Bengals and although I think he's still at least a decent QB he's not nearly the player he was 8-10 years ago IMO. The Favre "gunslinger" hype has been excessive but I've enjoyed watching him play. We'll see if I'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I haven't seen any NFL coverage all year that has discussed this.

Edit: Not meant to be mean, just good-spirited ribbing.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 AM

Favre's still one of the most talented QBs in the league.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:27 AM

If Farve retires, I will be very disappointed. I wish he could go on playing for many years. He's really the only interesting reason to watch the NFL as far as i'm concerned. The rest of the league is pretty boring.