Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:44 AM

Default new; whats my line

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (3.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (10.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (8.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (14.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q:heart
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Old 11-07-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: new; whats my line

You could have raised fourth with your four flush -- your pot equity is very good, assuming the paired 8s don't have trips (and with one showing, your odds are decent. On sixth here are the factors to consider:

Good:
The pot is very big and you only have to call one bet.

Bad:
Your opponent probably started with a pocket pair and has made 3s full, so your flush is unlikely to be good if you make it -- but you 'll be stuck calling a river bet if you hit it.

Good:
At low limit, it's possible he only has trips.

Bad:
Three of your four full house cards are dead -- both deuces and one queen.

So if you are pretty sure he's full, it's a fold. If there's a 50% or better chance he's not full (meaning your flush could be good if you hit), you can call.

Give me both queens live and I make a call here (the deuces matter less because you'd fill smaller than him if he's full or hits). But with only one live, it's probably a fold.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could have raised fourth with your four flush

[/ QUOTE ]

He should have definitely completed initially on 3rd in this structure.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2005, 11:30 AM

Even if you assume no one would have folded?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you assume no one would have folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't really want people to fold though, do you? I think the completion is good here because you know people will call most of the time anyway. And if they dont, at least you have your high cards to fall back on.

Definitely raise 4th.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:07 PM

If they fold, it's fine since your hand has high cards and can play well against fewer opponents. If they call, fine, b/c you build a pot with a good multiway holding (though the couple dead spades aren't good). All in all, I'm raising. Let them call or fold and I'll just play accordingly.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Complete third definitely and I'm raising without a doubt on fourth. Even though you have a few spades dead, your equity is huge against 5001 opponents. Sixth boils down to determining if he has filled or not. At this limit though I'm probably making this call.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM

Jeff, I haven't played this game in years, but my memory is that absolutely no one folds. So forget trying to improve your chances of winning when you pair a high card -- you want to make big hands that will hold up against big fields. That's why I tend not to raise flush draws or big str8 draws in very loose little games.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:58 PM

I think that there's a strong case for raising third, fourth and fifth here. Your hand is good and live, so I think a raise on third is good, whether people fold or not. On fourth, I would certainly raise, and with a four flush and pair on fifth, I would probably raise again.

Sixth, I would probably call because I would rather waste a dollar than lose the whole pot here.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:24 PM

.50/1.00---they arent going anywhere, and everybody is coming. I'm calling third. If I pair high or four flush its time to go to war. There will be plenty of time to get $$$ in the pot after I make something, and I'm not putting in extra until my hand is better defined. Raising 4th or 5th is OK. The hand breaks apart on 6th. Fold.