Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Can\'t wait for Part XXV

[ QUOTE ]
you've elevated yourself to a leadership writer/strategist position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must really keep track of when I elevate myself.

[ QUOTE ]

The jump looks like it was pre-mature, as evidenced by the sound and smarter way of playing the flop/turn in this hand suggested by your critics. Which you of course blindly dismiss in your quest, just like the last one.

[/ QUOTE ]

When that very thing was suggested, I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point and I definitely don't think it would've been bad to do just that. And perhaps it would've been the better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That certainly sounds dismissive! I explained why I didn't do that - perhaps I was right, perhaps wrong, perhaps my reasoning is only applicable to me with my whole "investment theory," but I clearly did NOT dismiss said play.

Perhaps next time you should read the thread before making nonsensical points that only prove your personal bias.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-06-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Can\'t wait for Part XXV

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps next time you should read the thread before making nonsensical points that only prove your personal bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying I have a personal bias just shows how lost you've become in the myriad of responses blasting you month after month.

Check my first response in Diablo's post last month about your article. The one that went on and on saying how wrong you were and you stubbornly defending an indefensible position. I was respectful, encouraging and trying to be sincerely helpful to your efforts and noted how tough it must be doing what you're trying to do.

But seeing how you refuse to stop from pissing into the wind, even as others repeatedly encourage and advise you to step to the side, just reinforces what I said. You're in over your head. Now you say I'm biased. Wow. You have no idea how far off you really are. Your articles are borderline training wheel hands and you're blind to it.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: On the Edge - IX

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wouldn't it make more sense to appear the way you did if your friend was in fact a foot and a half taller than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

?

No.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

let me get this straight. if i stood on a chair and took a photo of you, wouldn't your neck have to be bent up? if i was a midget and took a photo of you, wouldn't your neck have to be bent downward?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wouldn't it make more sense to appear the way you did if your friend was in fact a foot and a half taller than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

?

No.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

let me get this straight. if i stood on a chair and took a photo of you, wouldn't your neck have to be bent up? if i was a midget and took a photo of you, wouldn't your neck have to be bent downward?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really need to make him say that he didn't want more than one chin showing daryn?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

No.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was just saying that his head probably appears to be tilted back because of the size of the person taking the photo.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

No.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I see your point. I guess that could be the case. But it's not. My head is level, and I'm looking down slightly, as the person is shorter than me and I'm looking at him. If he were taller, I imagine you'd see more of the top of my head with me looking up.

Thankfully, we are at least talking about something important.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-06-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we really need to make him say that he didn't want more than one chin showing daryn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch!

It is, actually, still showing.

Alas, my work is invalidated due to this jab.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-08-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the move on the river and think it will be long term EV-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granny, you are incorrect. The opponent folded after he raised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know that. i'm talking about using this move as a habit against similar players.

i could be wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny, I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm here.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only person who was bothered by this article. I am trying to move up to the lower mid limits (10-20) and I would like to add some non-ABC moves to my arsenal. But these are not the sorts of high variance, ultra risky, slim edge moves that I would consider incorporating.

Barron, I find your articles to be thought provoking but if you could write up some hands that are a little bit more mainstream but also incorporate some tough non-ABC decisions then I personally would prefer that. I hope that doesn't sound like a contradiction, but I'm referring to hands where you are pressing a thin edge based on a strong read, but without needing to raise with complete trash against a tricky LAG.