Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Two quick 6max hands. No pair no draw/Overbet with set on River

Haven't played much hold'em in the last month or two and had a few quick questions on some hands.

Hand 1:

Been at the table about 2 orbits, but have observed about 4. Villian in this hand is very, very lag. Something like 85/25/3. Post flop he will pretty much always bet in position if checked two and if not he will sometimes raise a flop bet or play sherif to take it away on another street. I have just picked up on this and have switched gears to not be making auto continuation bets against him. I was going to conceed the hand and then decided to c/r him all in since it isn't that much of an overbet with his stack.

Do you see any EV here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($99)
BB ($99.25)
UTG ($32.85)
Hero ($100)
CO ($223)
Button ($48.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>

Hand 2:

Villian in this hand is loose and very passive. On a previous hand I limped with something like 87 on the button after 2 or 3 limpers. Flop was checked around with a flush draw out. On turn someone made a weak lead which was called by this villian I raised pot and got a fold by one and called by villian. His nut flush came on the river and he checked and made no extra money.

I have been very aggro at this table. Raising lots of pot's pre-flop and winning with cb's on the flop.

Good spot for an over bet or should I milk? There's a good chance villian was drawing and if so he's not calling any bet, but if not maybe the overbet will look best.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($92.95)
BB ($99.88)
Hero ($121)
Button ($12.97)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($19.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15.

River: ($49.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>