Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Reraising someone who raises too much

$1/$2 NL. This villain raises too much. Probably 16% or so. He almost always raises to $8. Every blue moon he raises to $6. The one $6 raise hes showdown, he had A6.

He raises to $6. Do you reraise with AJ? If so, do you make it $20? Or more than that? I assume you are potting most any flop if he calls?

One more question. Same villain (this guy is giving me problems) $2/$4 NL this time...still 6 max. Do you think his play is good here?

UTG raises to $16. Villain calls with T9s. BB reraises to $52. UTG calls. Villain calls. (all have $400) This seems pretty questionable to me.

Pot $156. Flop 873. BB bets $100. UTG folds. Villain calls. Is this a good call? Implied odds are shrinking with this much of the stacks in already.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Reraising someone who raises too much

[ QUOTE ]
$1/$2 NL. This villain raises too much. Probably 16% or so. He almost always raises to $8. Every blue moon he raises to $6. The one $6 raise hes showdown, he had A6.

He raises to $6. Do you reraise with AJ? If so, do you make it $20? Or more than that? I assume you are potting most any flop if he calls?

One more question. Same villain (this guy is giving me problems) $2/$4 NL this time...still 6 max. Do you think his play is good here?

UTG raises to $16. Villain calls with T9s. BB reraises to $52. UTG calls. Villain calls. (all have $400) This seems pretty questionable to me.

Pot $156. Flop 873. BB bets $100. UTG folds. Villain calls. Is this a good call? Implied odds are shrinking with this much of the stacks in already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for first case, reraise to ~18-20 and then depending on flop, bet 75-100% of pot and then gauge his reaction.

The second play looks terrible, on flop, BB has put in 100 and now only has 250 left for the turn and river and villian is getting 2.5:1 on his call... I dunno, seems loose and will need to hit straight to win (since BB is representing aces/kings).
Old 11-29-2005, 11:35 PM

Also, what is villian like post-flop? Still crazy?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:38 PM

He plays pretty well overall and is a winner from what Ive seen. I like to analyze what certain winning players do when I think they made a mistake to see if they actually are correct and Im not.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:40 PM

AJo is a pretty weak holding and against a solid winning player, I doubt that I could play it well enough OOP, especially when I miss flop and even sometimes if I do. I doubt the 3xBB raise PF means much, he might just be mixing play.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:48 PM

I was in position with the AJ. It just seems to me that if hes raising 16%, hes raising things like weak aces, suited gappers, any pair and probably things like QJ. He may call the reraise with most of those hands (especially since I know he'll call a big reraise with T9s) and he'll misss the flop most times. When he misses, I win. When we both miss, I win.

I could be wrong though. I havent had a lot of success reraising without premium hands.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:29 PM

If you plan to be a winning player you need to open up your hand range. No way you fold AJ here I take control and raise here. Like I said to beat a player like this you need to play aggressive and dictate the action both PF and post flop. You need to open your range agaisnt tough opponents, perhaps AJ isnt the best starting hand, but since when do you need the best hand to win?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to analyze what certain winning players do when I think they made a mistake to see if they actually are correct and Im not.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have nothing to contribute but this quote is awesome. Everybody should do this but most people don't.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This villain raises too much. Probably 16% or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally raise about 25% of my hands.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This villain raises too much. Probably 16% or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally raise about 25% of my hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope u are kidding