Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Sit N Go Analysis

I知 developing a program that reads through a given set of my tournament hand histories and writes out an excel spreadsheet where each line item contains details surrounding hands where I am all in. I知 doing this so that I can take a particular days work and find out a few things. One, to find out how often I知 going all in as the underdog and two, to find out if I was lucky or unlucky on certain types of all ins(i.e./ coinflips, 60/40s, dominating hands and over-dominating hands) that day. I致e got most of it complete but I知 having a difficult time with the probabilities for a given situation. What I知 hoping someone can do for me is the following:

If I give you 2 hands in the format just like www.twodimes.net/poker and say hand one is in cell A1 and hand 2 is in cell A2. I壇 like there to be a formula in cell A3 that calculates the probability that the hand from cell A1 wins. If this cannot be done easily, then for each day that I analyze, I will just manually go into the file and place the approximate probabilities for each situation, although I壇 really like it to be dynamic if possible.

For those interested in seeing a sample spreadsheet, PM me your email address, and I値l send a copy.