Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Yeah, I know what he is supposed to have..but whatcha gonna do

Main villian is 35/12/1.2. Has fluctuated between stable play semi-solid play and wonderful flashes of donkiness.

Lesser villian is some kind of Tag incarnate... maybe one of you I don't know

Hero is button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UB 10/20

Folded to MP3 lesser villian who raises, main villian calls, hero 3-bets, blinds fold, lesser villian calls, Main villian caps, I call, lesser villian calls

Flop (3-players) (13SB) 5s 5h 2d

Lesser villian checks, Main Villian bets, I raise, Lesser villian calls, Main villian 3-bets, I call, Lesser villian calls.

Turn 3 players (10.5BB) 8c

Lesser villian checks, main villian bets, Hero...wishes he was still playing .5/1...and.....
Old 10-25-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Yeah, I know what he is supposed to have..but whatcha gonna do

I would have capped the flop unless I had seen the TAG do retardedly donkish things like coldcall-cap preflop before.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 AM

i saw a guy similar to this description cold-call/cap with 99 today, im not folding
Old 10-25-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have capped the flop unless I had seen the TAG do retardedly donkish things like coldcall-cap preflop before.

[/ QUOTE ]

The donk is the one who cold call capped.

The Tag is the one who just called two cold on the flop.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i saw a guy similar to this description cold-call/cap with 99 today, im not folding

[/ QUOTE ]

So we don't have any concern about giving a 6 outer a relatively cheap draw?

What kind of hands is the TAG calling 2-cold with? He has seen the same actions I have seen. He knows what it means.

I don't expect the donk to notice. There are lots of cards I don't want to see on the river, as a group they could have 8 outs on me... if no one is screwing around (and I am not already drawing to 2-outs myself).

Basically I am calling down, but I am not liking it one bit.

Anyone want to make a case for another raise? I have not put the pencil to paper yet, but I have a hunch it won't be as spewey as it sounds at first.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we don't have any concern about giving a 6 outer a relatively cheap draw?

What kind of hands is the TAG calling 2-cold with? He has seen the same actions I have seen. He knows what it means.

I don't expect the donk to notice. There are lots of cards I don't want to see on the river, as a group they could have 8 outs on me... if no one is screwing around (and I am not already drawing to 2-outs myself).

Basically I am calling down, but I am not liking it one bit.

Anyone want to make a case for another raise? I have not put the pencil to paper yet, but I have a hunch it won't be as spewey as it sounds at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive also seen donks cold/call/cap with suited connectors looking to gamble(like 56s or something)

i dont like his flop cap, i think its likely we are behind either a bigger pair or trips, but theres no way im folding, i call down, i dont think its worth putting in a raise to protect your hand, what do you do if you get 3-bet?

another interesting question is what do you do if an ace or king falls, if the same action happens on river are we worried about a c/r from TAG?

what about if it goes bet, call?

edit: nevermind the part about not likeing his flop cap, looking back at the hand i see it was a 3-bet, i would consider capping the flop and going from there, the way its played, i call down
Old 10-25-2005, 01:51 AM

I'm way too suspicious of the coldcall cap to fold. Since I'm playing, I'm trying to talk myself into a raise to drive out the 3rd player in this pretty big pot, but I'm just not convinced. I think the 3rd guy may well have a smaller pocket pair which I actually don't want to fold for 1 bet, and calling lets me see if he check-raises while avoiding opening up the betting to the flop capper.

Call down.

good luck.
eric
Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm way too suspicious of the coldcall cap to fold. Since I'm playing, I'm trying to talk myself into a raise to drive out the 3rd player in this pretty big pot, but I'm just not convinced. I think the 3rd guy may well have a smaller pocket pair which I actually don't want to fold for 1 bet, and calling lets me see if he check-raises while avoiding opening up the betting to the flop capper.

Call down.

good luck.
eric

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my exact thought process during the hand.

Also, I think not capping the flop was bad, but I did not think of it till Entity mentioned it.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:00 AM

I would just call down in this situation. The main villian has played this hand extremely strangely, but I think there's a good chance that you are ahead here, at least enough to warrant a call down. Raising the turn to make the Mp3 draw here is spewing I think. I don't believe that he has AK, I put him on something like 99 and he wants a cheap showdown.