Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 03:36 PM

Default four-bet the flop with top-n-bottom two?

good 10-25 game at borgata, 4 or 5 limpers and i tap in the bb with 96o, flop comes 986 with two hearts. i check (4.5k stack), fishy guy in ep (covers me) makes a pot-ish bet, 150 i think. another fishy guy calls (covers me), solid button (900) calls, i raise to 500 straight. ep asks me how much i have behind, i tell him about 4 grand, he calls. button now moves in. this re-opens the betting for me: just call, or 4-bet?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: four-bet the flop with top-n-bottom two?

fwiw, I think I mentioned this earlier, I think you need to check-raise more in the future, even though you may have got lucky this time with the short stack moving in.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:47 PM

Haha.. Thanks for calling me solid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I suspect the other guy was on the flush draw too, and it must have been a questionable one because I had the nut flush draw. I think you did the right thing isolating here, even though you hurt my pot odds. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] The guy had a lot more money than I did and if he hit whatever draw he was on he would have hurt you a lot more than I would have.. Like you said, bottom two is very vulnerable.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:49 PM

Just occured to me.. The river was the other red ace. I think A9 is a strong possibility for the other guy as well, in which case your raise was a lifesaver. Even if he didn't have the ace he could very well push when it hits and you have a very tough call to make.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:19 PM

If you made that raise amount to leave button with 400 after calling your 350 raise, that was brilliant. If it was luck and you just as easily might have made it 600, then you got lucky. In either case, take advantage of this and stick the rest in.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:26 PM

Listen maybe we should just make another forum called "other1, mikeech, and azk's AC reunion." you guys can sing kumbaya and do a massage train while gossiping ALL NIGHT LONG!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:28 PM

You're just mad 'cause I pwned you the night before you left for Spain. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 06:29 PM

haha, um, do i know you? whoa who are you seriously, i had no idea i'd played with you before...
Old 09-19-2005, 06:32 PM

We don't really know eachother but we've played together a few times..

I was at your table playing 5/5 at *ahem* before you went on your trip. Was you, me, Max, Vern, Sammy and a friend of yours I don't know I think.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:38 PM

ah, ok i just wish you'd said a litte sup bro cuz it's kind of unfair that you knew who i was and i didn't know who you were... stalker =) maybe we'll play at *ahem* again when i return...

if you were there for the hand when i smooth called sammy with AA on the button then took 3K off him with one pair on a K high flop (awesome, right?) then the guy next to me was bobbofitos. otherwise, i don't know.