Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Got Fillmaff\'d? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread, Episode

I can understand people chasing their OESD, Lord knows I've done it myself.

But why, why do they call that final river bet after they miss their draw? What on earth can they possibly be thinking?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand people chasing their OESD, Lord knows I've done it myself.

But why, why do they call that final river bet after they miss their draw? What on earth can they possibly be thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

"I just know he's bluffing and my 9 high will beat his 4."

"If I don't call I won't see his cards and I just have to see what he has. Oh, ok, I guess that wins. From now on if he's in a hand I'm out."

"He can't be that lucky every time, can he? All that raising stuff is just showing off."
Old 09-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Called down with 6 high twice in two days

Twice now I've bluffed on the river, gotten called, and had my opponent turn over a 6 high. Unbelievable. If you think I'm bluffing, raise. Unless you think I'm bluffing with 5 high, don't call!

Hand 1:

Board reads KK588. I have 77 and have bet and gotten called by one calling station on both flop and turn. With my pair counterfeited on the river, I bluff, and get called. Villain mucks and I don't get to see his cards, but it must have been 6 high or worse to lose to my 7 kicker. All I can think of is something like 65 where he didn't realize he was counterfeited on the river.

Hand 2:

River (Board: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]):

Hero: Bet 2.00
Idiot: Call 2.00

Showdown:

Hero shows: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings)
Idiot shows: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings)
Mainpot: Hero wins the pot of 15.25 with a pair of Kings, Ace kicker.

This one I really can't figure. Sure, idiot was on flush draw, but once you miss it, you fold the river with your 6 high. Gotta love the 1/2 donks.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:54 PM

anybody notice that the most common element of avatars on these forums is women's breasts? and most are animated.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 08:05 PM

I'm enjoying the new animations
Old 09-11-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Got Fillmaff\'d? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread, Episode 2)

I hate you, karma. I really, really do.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:15 PM

BOO YAH! First ever 2 card straight flush...and I was paid off, too! Giggety giggety goo!

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks 9s (straight flush, king high).
BB has Qc Tc (two pair, queens and tens).
MP has 8h 9h (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 22.25 BB. </font>
Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 AM

Just felt like posting this for soem odd reason

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Tc Jc (one pair, tens).
Button has 7s Td (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>
Old 09-13-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Where I Fill Up and Check Behind...

So I busted out of the Stars tourney last night fairly quickly. (I totally suck at NL.) In keeping with my September goal to take more advantage of bonuses, I was clearing a Royal Vegas bonus and broke my "never play tired" rule.

I haven't figured out how to get HHs there, but hand went like this:

Hero calls with 66. 5-6 to the flop.

Flop comes K-x-6. Good Player bets, Hero raises, Good Player 3-bets, Hero caps. (I am 90% confident he has a K, probably not AK or KK because he would raise preflop.) 3 to the turn.

Turn is a blank. GP checks, Bad Player bets, Hero raises. All call.

River is a K. I curse...clearly GP has made trip Ks...beating my trip 6s... GP checks (planning a CR, I'm sure), BP checks, I check.

A split second after I check, I realize I just made a f'in FULL HOUSE!! GP shows 3 Ks, BP mucks, and I show the full house that should have gotten check-raised and 3-bet.

I SUCK at poker.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Where I Fill Up and Check Behind...

On royal vegas, go to the menu button and choose playcheck. You can see hand histories there as well as export them