Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Got Fillmaff\'d? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread, Episode

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played poker in about a week since I rebuilt my PC and have been putting it through its paces (read: I played Morrowind all weekend). Finally get around to reinstalling pokerstars this evening, and start up some .02/.04 action for the hell of it. Sixth hand dealt:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pressing the Fold button and getting nuthin.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pressing the Fold button and getting nuthin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my kicker does kindof suck there.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:24 AM

I figure this is probably the most statistically unlikely hand I'll see in my life, so I might as well post it.

I was mopping up the final minutes of a Crypto hourly bonus, when the table suddenly collapsed to a heads-up battle against villain. The rake sucks for HU there, but villain was a really poor, passive postflop player (check out the flop check) -- so I stuck around to play a few minutes, especially since I like HU play.

Belittle my preflop call if you'd like, but folding the big blind headsup is an invitation to getting run over.

Oh, and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] unlimited raises at Crypto sites.

Seat 2: UnluckyBastard ($43.25 in chips)
Seat 6: "Hero" ($98.75 in chips)
UnluckyBastard: posts small blind $0.50
"Hero": posts big blind $1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to "Hero" [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UnluckyBastard: raises $1.50
"Hero": calls $1
----- FLOP ----- [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UnluckyBastard: checks
"Hero": checks
----- TURN ----- [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UnluckyBastard: checks
"Hero": bets $2
UnluckyBastard: raises $4
"Hero": raises $4
UnluckyBastard: calls $2
----- RIVER ----- [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
UnluckyBastard: bets $2
--Around this point in the hand, I thought of the Simpsons episode where Krusty's quad aces were beat by Fat Tony's straight flush. I got a good laugh. Too bad he can't bet a violin....
UnluckyBastard: is all-in $1.25
Returned uncalled bets $0.75 to "Hero"
----- SHOW DOWN -----
"Hero": shows [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (Straight Flush, Five high)
UnluckyBastard: shows [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (Four of a kind, Aces)
"Hero" collected $83.50 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $86.50 Main pot $83.50 Rake $3
Board [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Seat 6: "Hero" (big blind) showed [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] and won ($83.50) with Straight Flush, Five high

A straight flush vs. quads at a full table is pretty amazing, but headsup it seems just astronomically improbable. Anyone able to estimate the probability?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:22 AM

Why is it every time it's not convenient to run badly, that's when the downswings come?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Quickest 15 bb I ever lost

Two AK hands...one and then one hand in between and the other, at the same table. At least my Aces held up at another table, but I didn't even make any money off of those, just a few measly bbs.

This downswing isn't my biggest in terms of BB, but it is in terms of actual money lost(since I moved up) and has stretched over the longest period. It's affected my play too.

The converter is acting really weird. Both these pots were +20bb. Dunno what happened with the converter...

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Kd (two pair, aces and kings).
MP2 has 7c 8c (one pair, sevens).
Button has 2s Js (flush, ace high).
Outcome: </font>

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
MP2 folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Ac (one pair, aces).
BB has Qd Ad (one pair, aces).
CO has 7h Ah (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: </font>
Old 09-29-2005, 10:22 AM

was there a point when you wondered if he had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7spade:?

PT has me down for one straight flush. I folded pf, and one of my junk cards would have completed it with the board.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:22 AM

was there a point when you wondered if he had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

PT has me down for one straight flush. I folded pf, and one of my junk cards would have completed it with the board.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Last night, playing in my live weekly .1/.2 limit hold'em game I got my 1st Royal Flush. Got paid off too, I have a Lagtastic image at that game.

A few hours later, at the same table -- I got my 2nd. Got paid off on that one too :P

AJs and ATh. Woot!

What are the odds of getting two royals in a single setting within a few hours of each other?? Up to that point the best have I've had was a 9 high diamond straight flush.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got to love his scrappy never-say-die attitude!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm... if you mean his inability to read the board (I think he thinks he has a straight) combined with his inability to see that the hand he thinks he has is beaten... yeah sure. I love him regardless.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was there a point when you wondered if he had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah...67 of spades is just a flush, not a straight.