Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

I am interested. Poker Rewards has a standing offer already. The terms are absurd but there is no time limit. They are looking for 2 million hands. Upon completion of 2 million they will send you to the ME. You just select the promo and they will send you in whatever year you happen to finish.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:19 PM

Hi All,

It is clear that there is enough interest in this "experiment" to make it a success. We are nearing that 100 figure in the numbers that have expressed an interest.

However, interest is just one piece of the puzzle, and I am working towards that second piece -- trying to secure a poker site to offer us a deal.

Just because I am moving from one aspect of this to another, I encourage anyone that has thought about responding to this post, to please do so. If you thought I would like to do that, but have not so indicated, please do so. If you have sent me a PM, but not posted here, please do so. The more interest and support I receive here will go a long ways in helping to get a deal offered to us.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has expressed interest and for those who are interested, but have not posted yet, please do so.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:22 PM

The Poker Rewards offer is a JOPKE.

As well as being a stupid number, they also might be contributed raked hands.

And to whoever it was, yes, the site can and will probably offer it as one of their promotions - bringing them a group of high volume players is a way to persuade them to create something along these lines.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:38 PM

Since next year's WSOP is still 11 months away, why not go all out? Instead of just going a seat at the main event, why not go all out and try to get an entry into several events.

This would be good for both the site and the player as ESPN would for sure do a piece on the group (remeber all the talk about "the crew").

So, the site would get it's name on ESPN several times. This is also good for the players. Not only do they get some serious tourny entry fees, they too get the publicity. That may not seem like a lot, but, it used correctly, it can translate into serious profits without a tourny win (book deal, TV poker show host deal, made for TV tourny entries/invites, spokesman gigs for the site, etc, etc, etc).
Old 07-25-2005, 04:54 PM

I am interested depending on the details.

Orange
Old 07-25-2005, 05:01 PM

Count me in when you get the details started -
Old 07-25-2005, 05:05 PM

I would be interested if it's Pokerstars.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I quoted in another thread and it bears repeating, "If we don't hang together, surely we will hang seperately."

[/ QUOTE ]

And I nearly threw up then too. The quotation is from Benjamin Franklin.[ QUOTE ]
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

[/ QUOTE ] It's ludicrous to use here. He was referring to the colonists banning together to fight against the British in the revolution in order to overthrow what was viewed as a tyrranical government. His line was accurate, if they had not banded together they all would have perished. You are talking about getting more bonuses from a poker site and your line isn't even accurate.

Poker sites are not actively fighting against us. If we don't get special bonuses for playing a shitload of hands then those of us who win will not go broke, we'll be just like all the other high volume players that either get rakeback or just the usual reload bonuses worth getting. Get serious, what you're doing won't be in any history books of the future.

You still have failed to answer why the sites would do this. As someone else stated they could simply offer all of their players the opportunity to go to the WSOP given enough hands instead of a small group of bonus whores. They would then skip the middleman, and any airtime would all go to them. Furthermore as others have stated more people would attempt it and fail which would raise their amount of play and benefit the site. If you're trying to pitch this idea to the site you need to get past this and I don't think you can. If your goal is to help the high volume players (for example if you were forming a union) then this would be a good idea to pitch. Any high volume players can go to the site and do the promotion. This promotion would probably get airtime or at least online attention and hence the big sites would see that high volume players should be given benefits (they would hopefully see this when their rake leaves during the promotion). Neither the poker site nor we would need you and your so called army to act as middlemen and all (save you since you wouldn't have your ego boost) would be better off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies to Bejamin Franklin, a great American. You are right, the use of his quote in this context was probably inappropriate.

I was paraphrasing it to try to make the point that as a block of 100 or so high volume players, we stand to get a better bonus/deal than working seperately. That is all.

I didn't indicate anywhere that the Poker sites are fighting against us. I'm sure they want our business and will offer deals/promos to try to secure it. No where did I say I was trying to make history, I think my inppropriate use of a famous quote is now causing you to make accusations that are ludicrous.

I myself, have already stated that a Poker Site could offer something like this directly, and, hey if they do, great!

Who benefits? High volume players.

Why would a site strike a deal with us?

100 players times 120k hands played in 4 months equals 12 million poker hands played. I leave it to the poker sites to calculate the rake. Not to mention an "army" of their players at a major poker event who present themselves in a unique way to assure capturing media attention which will also drive business to their site. Not too mention, that a person who is motivated to make this thing happen will help drive business to their site without making one red cent. One of the cheapest, hardest working affiliates they will ever get. (Think TruePoker might have had an upswing in business due to my 120K hand challenge?) And finally, and probably the most important reason why a site may decide to do this, is that they would be well on their way in building a large, loyal base of high volume customers.

I don't get your description of us as "middlemen". I believe an affiliate would be considered a middleman. We are direct customers of the poker sites. And, we are just asking for a better deal because we do a lot of business. No where in my post did I say I represent you. This is more like I gathered up all my friends and relatives who are ready to but a car and we all go at once to make the best deal we can.

Hopefully, this answers the question that you think I failed to answer. (I don't recall being asked it before and if I had been I am sorry I missed it.)

Oh, and if you do get an entry for a WSOP seat for playing a large amount of hands at a site which offers it directly, great! But, ask yourself this question? Is there even just a remote possibility this site offered this because of my original 120K hands challenge at TruePoker or because of the market research that was done here?

Once again, my sincere apologies to Benjamin Franklin.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in some aspects of this, of course I need more details.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Count me in when you get the details started -

[/ QUOTE ]