Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Paradise is serious about stopping Bots!!

I went to log in to my Paradise account today and found it wasn't accepting my password.

I sent them an email to reset it and I got the following message:

Hello Scott,

A review of your account reveals that you appear to be using automated assistance in your play. As Paradise Poker is a place where real people play against other real people, your account has been closed and your funds submitted for processing to your Neteller account.

I sent them back an email explaining that I've never used any form of automated assistance (which is true), and asked for an explanation.

I'm actually VERY MUCH against the use of bots, and I think it is the single biggest threat to online poker's continuing success.

After a very few minutes past, I got this response from their security department:

Hello Scott,

I have double checked with our Technical Department and there was an unfortunate problem with our bot detection software causing your login to trigger an erroneous alert.

I am extremely sorry for this inconvenience. Your account has been reinstated now.

In spite of the minor inconvenience this has caused, this whole experience leaves me with a good feeling that at least Paradise Poker is taking the Bot issue seriously, and is taking real steps to prevent their use on their site.

I'm so happy to see Paradise has Bot detection software!

Looks like Paradise is going to be keeping my business for a long time to come.

-Scott
Old 02-22-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Paradise is serious about stopping Bots!!

One of the two class acts on the 'net, even if they take a while to catch up (i.e. tournaments).
Old 02-22-2004, 09:22 PM

They are definitely THE class act of all internet poker rooms. I talked with Craig in support yesterday and he told me that in March they would be adding larger buy-in tournaments with satellites ala Party and Stars. If they would just get 'em more fish.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:50 PM

To be honest, I'm finding plenty of fish on paradise.

yes there are times there are no loose games there, but I'm doing quite well there and I like their software and support better than you-know-who [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I hope the big tournies bring in more fish too though!

-Scott
Old 02-22-2004, 09:57 PM

Interesting, and good to hear. If this really is a problem I'd imagine the other sites will follow suit.

A little off topic here, but as a relative newbie to online poker I'm curious as to the reasons you o-l vets feel paradise lost top billing with the fish? (I know they were the biggest site, by far back in the day, but I could be way off base thinking the games were fishy?)
Old 02-23-2004, 12:22 AM

Paradise could use more fish - there are SO many better places to play, at least in the 2/4 3/6 range where 50% flops are common and 45% are always!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:43 AM

Paradise was never fishy! I have played there for four years and this is by far the fishiest it has ever been!
Old 02-23-2004, 01:22 AM

I agree, I've found the games to be fantastic on paradise this year.

-Scott
Old 02-23-2004, 04:20 AM

Actually, they closed and reopened everyone's accounts on the site so that we all think that they are taking care of the bots.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:39 PM

I agree that this is a good thing, but how about preventing bots rather than trying to detect them?

Sign up for hotmail or yahoo and they will make you type in a word based on an image that only a human can read.

Why can't these sites do this every time you sit at a table, and if you've been at a table for a long time?

There are so many ways to prevent bots, that I dont see them as a big problem in the long run. Why these simple prevention measures havent yet been taken is beyond my comprehension.