Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Man I totally forgot

[ QUOTE ]
The purpose of my post is only to understand where I am compared to other respected 2+2ers. Not as an ego thing by any means, but to use it to judge where my 'game' is compared to many of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is essentially asking where you measure up. I wasn't alluding to the penis stuff of the previous poster, but I was trying to be helpful. Following your winrate and seeing how it compares to other good players to see where your 'game is at' can be dangerously misleading - that's all I'm trying to say. Will it be most of the time? Probably not - it will many times be a relatively accurate portrayal of how you are doing in a game. But sometimes it won't be. A lot of times it won't be. If I run at 2.2bb/100 for 100k hands and you run at 1.9 bb/100 for 100k hands we have no clue who is the bigger long term winner. Anyways, most people will never play enough hands to see how truly fluctuating the bb/100 statistic can be.

People who obsess over this number will either be desperately trying to change their game when it may be just fine or becoming complacent with a game that is filled with leaks. Focusing on the finer points of your game on a daily basis is a far more productive exercise, but one that is far more difficult. Anyway, good luck to you Scott - I've never really had a problem with you, but your defensiveness and abrasiveness are pretty outrageous.

"I am quite sure I did NOT ask for people's opinion on meaningful sample size!"

Just like the guy who calls with AA in the big blind after a raise and 4 callers who says "I WAS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE PREFLOP PLAY! I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE POSTFLOP DECISIONS!"

25k is meaningful. 10k is meaningful. 50k is certainly meaningful. About meaningful enough to discuss "beating the game" and "getting beat by the game," but disccussions of "is the game beatable by 1.5/100, or 1.8/100? or 2.2/100?" will just lead us in circles. This thread is a pretty good example of that.
-James
Old 09-20-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: now that we\'ve had some time, whats a solid WR for the Party 30/60

Can you post a pic / link a site that graphs the "results" of these 100 players? Or PM me it. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Had you get to a new level of sensoric perception? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 04:54 PM

I think everything less than 3 bb /100 isn't a good result. However, it depends on the sample size. But after 100k+ hands you should be at 3bb.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everything less than 3 bb /100 isn't a good result. However, it depends on the sample size. But after 100k+ hands you should be at 3bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you didn't even read Diablo's post then?
Old 09-20-2005, 05:52 PM

That was one of the BEST posts on poker (LHE) philosophy ever! While you rid yourself of the emotions for results, it surely sounds you are doing very well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. If not, you should anyway.

Best of luck (may the wrath of SD smite your opponents!),

- Kenny
Old 09-20-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, if you want a range, i have friends w/ wr's between 1bb/100 and 2.5bb/100 (all people in this sample have over 75k hands. most have over 100k)

Thanks.

The purpose of my post is only to understand where I am compared to other respected 2+2ers. Not as an ego thing by any means, but to use it to judge where my 'game' is compared to many of you.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll use this post to justify going ahead and posting the stats I just culled for myself (inconveniently straddling 2 databases -- God, I love PokerAce's flexibility in dealing with that stuff, btw!).

I started out red-hot in the 30/60, then had some less good streaks. Is it just me or is the game much much softer in the last two weeks? Lots of looseness.

I suppose I'll read the rest of the thread and find out what others think about the state of the games. They still seem great to me.

Anyway, I'm at 1.46 / 100 over 65K hands, and just pleased as punch to be in Scott's neighborhood. We'll see if I can improve.

As a side note -- although my wife certainly doesn't think it is! -- I'm at *4.1 BB/100* in the 100/200 over just less than 3K hands. Obviously meaningless but a rather startling sum results-wise.

Writing the kind of post I'm never interested to read,

JimmyV
Old 09-22-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a bunch of arrogant pricks now inhabit the mid-high forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting something we don't know about.

The truth of the matter is that it really is a "how big is your cock today?" measuring contest. What are you trying to establish by gathering a bunch of win rates? And who/how many are you going to believe?

At least skp and James282 are posting something constructive which makes reading this thread worth my time.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:03 PM

At least skp and James282 are posting something constructive which makes reading this thread worth my time.

Yea, its just a shame that the signal-to-noise ratio is so low.

-Scott
Old 10-08-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: How bout people respond

i think that's 1.95 sd.