Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 08-27-2004, 03:09 AM

Default My first 8tabling experiance.

woooo

I am winding down now(as I type this), it wasnt very hard, until several tables got short handed, and I had 2 HUs going at once. I started up 8 tables all about the exact same time, then started up 3 more as I either placed or got knocked out.

It was a ton of fun, and I had a winning roi for the 11 tables. I took 1st at least twice and a second place, cant remember the others.

I had some trouble any time I wanted to think a little. I played a little tighter then normal, and didnt play hands that I knew would require thought after the flop.

Anyone have tips on how to make this easier? I used the dual monitor system (cost me almost $400 for the set up for the new card and new monitor)4 tables on each screen using 1600x1200 res. I think it will pay for itself in just a few days.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:41 AM

Default Re: My first 8tabling experiance.

I am pumped now..

The most important thing to me was that I didnt time out or have any long pauses. I had zero time outs, and only a few times where the counter came.

My roi was over 100% for the 11 games. I got some lucky pushes in that worked out well, I was so happy to have good luck starting this venture out rather then bad. I hope my roi doesnt slip more the 5-7%

I made $387 in a little over an hour. That is almost the exact price it was to buy a new monitor and a new video card.

Sorry if this seems like sensless bragging. I know its not going to be like this much, and that I got lucky. I am just elated that after all this time I finally got it working, and it didnt affect my play too badly.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have tips on how to make this easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this advice has been given many times before, but I've found multi-tabling SNGs MUCH easier if you stagger the start. This leads to less frequently being on the bubble or HU on more than 1 table at a time.

For example, you could always wait until all SNGs you are in are at Level 2 or higher to start a new SNG. In the extreme, you could probably still have 5 to 8 tables going at a time using this method. You would always avoid the "perfect storm" of having 4 tables on 3 bubble and 4 ITM at the same time this way.

J
Old 08-27-2004, 12:56 PM

Great effort mate [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] if you can't brag here where can you brag? I tried 6 tabling and I found it tricky I'm wondering if this was because they overlapped. 3 along the top and 3 along the bottom on at 1600*1200. I like multitabling mainly because I get bored if I'm not completely occupied. I doubt I'll ever be a good B&M player for that reason. So did you sit in the same seat on every table? Have you tried playing ring and SnG's? Do you think there could be a benefit to mixing the two or are you going to stick with all 8 as SnG's? Did you find your agression tapered off a little with your concentration?

That's what you get for bragging [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 01:12 PM

DId you drop down a buy-in level or keep it the same?
(from what I remember you are playing $30's right?)

Just curious.

regards,
woodguy
Old 08-27-2004, 02:10 PM

How much $/hour can be made this way?Can it be more then ring games?
Old 08-27-2004, 02:36 PM

I stayed at the 30s, I always sit in the same seat (or beside if I miss it) I only play SnGS and I dont want to mix them. I figure my hourly rate at about $82 based ona 10 tables/hour at a 25% roi (my roi is currently higher, but I expect it to drop).

I never staggered my starts before, because they normally stagger themselves. Last night for example with 8 tables running I finished 1st place in 2 of them and I still had 4 tables at level 3. This is what I do. Once my tables start to change shape..(levles change chip counts etc...) I move them. I place the tables that I need to pay more attention to to one side, and the lower level ones on the other. This way I can focus most of my attention to the short handed tables, and its easier for me to not get mixed up on tables where I should be pushing.

I am going to try to get in as many tables as I can this week. I am so far behind my quota.