Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 05:23 PM

Default OOh, I don\'t like that turn card one bit. 200NL underboat

Early in my session, no reads therefore.

Opponents are getting a bit better at 200NL so I'm starting to mix up my lines (not all donks anymore, toto)

I obviously need to know whether someone's got that ace since my slowplay on the flop got f'd up by the turn, and the flat-call from MP is just enough to make me believe he's got an ace.

After the hand, UTG claims he "made his flush for once"... so... I'm a bit sketchy here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($231.25)
MP ($159.65)
CO ($316.48)
Button ($186.47)
Hero ($216.65)
BB ($185)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, MP calls $5, Button folds, Hero calls $5, BB folds.

Turn: ($25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $8</font>, MP calls $8, Hero folds.

River: ($41) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $50</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $91
Old 12-26-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: OOh, I don\'t like that turn card one bit. 200NL underboat

raise flop. otherwise raise turn, fold to a push.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[ QUOTE ]
otherwise raise turn,

[/ QUOTE ]

wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaat? You mean so that you can get every worse hand to fold and every better hand to call?

[ QUOTE ]
fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obviously.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:41 PM

you might get another 5 to fold as well, and cant really call any significant bet on the river. i raise flop, but if you dont, its raise or fold on the turn. calling is baad.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note my OP in that I feel like I need to mix up my lines a bit in order to not state my hand and get zero value out of a big flop. I'm not advocating slowplay as a regular line, but it has its place against better players. This was unfortunately one of those times where I picked wrong.

The turn card coming down with me OOP means I've either got to lead and fold, or check and call if i'm going to stick around. If I check-raise the turn, what's my river line? Bad spot to be in. I thought my reverse implied given the action was enough to justify the fold... but I'm not happy about it.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note my OP in that I feel like I need to mix up my lines a bit in order to not state my hand and get zero value out of a big flop. I'm not advocating slowplay as a regular line, but it has its place against better players. This was unfortunately one of those times where I picked wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad spot to "mix it up" and not because of that turn.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bad spot to "mix it up" and not because of that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, could have picked a better spot to play a flop like that. I think i prefer leading the flop looking back -- checkraise would give it away and leading looks less like I have a 5 than check/calling.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a great time to be tricky. Diamonds will still call here and a lot of the time an Ace will, as well. If you are so concerned about a check-raise being too obvious, just lead.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a great time to be tricky. Diamonds will still call here and a lot of the time an Ace will, as well. If you are so concerned about a check-raise being too obvious, just lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree, howbout the turn as played?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:31 PM

It's fine. You're behind to the Ace a majority of the time. Even if they both had Diamonds or some other crap like Kings, the fold is +EV, IMO.