Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: How long do you usually stay at a table?
2h+ 22 23.40%
1.5 - 2h 12 12.77%
1 h - 1.5 h 21 22.34%
40 min. - 1 h 21 22.34%
Less than 40 min. 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: 2 Choking Teams

fine, fine. make it belichick.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the Colts will limp into the playoffs with 2 losses, basically no games in 4 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

it was for this reason that I thought the colts would come out today and try to make a statement, but then I heard about all the injuries and resting people this game makes more sense. I don't think it counts as limping when they pretty much gave this game away today for the sake of the playoffs - it'll be up to the coaches to motivate them properly and put this game and the next into perspective.

I agree that a lot of teams could give them more trouble than anticipated. the bengals, for example, gave them a really good game a month or so ago. still, I think with home field and their 1st string out there, they've gotta be big favorites.

I don't see anyone in the NFC stopping the seahawks, I'm a Tampa fan but we just don't match up. chicago maybe, but their defense will have to step it up BIG. anything could happen of course but I still think the chances of these two teams meeting is high.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the Colts will limp into the playoffs with 2 losses, basically no games in 4 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

it was for this reason that I thought the colts would come out today and try to make a statement, but then I heard about all the injuries and resting people this game makes more sense. I don't think it counts as limping when they pretty much gave this game away today for the sake of the playoffs - it'll be up to the coaches to motivate them properly and put this game and the next into perspective.

I agree that a lot of teams could give them more trouble than anticipated. the bengals, for example, gave them a really good game a month or so ago. still, I think with home field and their 1st string out there, they've gotta be big favorites.

I don't see anyone in the NFC stopping the seahawks, I'm a Tampa fan but we just don't match up. chicago maybe, but their defense will have to step it up BIG. anything could happen of course but I still think the chances of these two teams meeting is high.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the Giants? They had 3 chances at game winning field goals(on the road in Seattle). This seems evidence enough for me that they can "hang" with the Seahawks.
-James
Old 12-24-2005, 11:54 PM

The last time both #1 seeds made it was 1993 Buffalo/Dallas. I think the Seahawks are much worse than average for a #1 seed, so I would bet against it although the whole NFC pretty much sucks so who knows.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:22 AM

I'll say this much, if they do both make it to Detroit, Seattle might regret their decision to stick SA back in for another TD to tie the record after they had already pulled him. You know that had to irk the hell out of all the Colts defensive starters that were rested today.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll say this much, if they do both make it to Detroit, Seattle might regret their decision to stick SA back in for another TD to tie the record after they had already pulled him. You know that had to irk the hell out of all the Colts defensive starters that were rested today.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Colts defenders need more motivation in the Super Bowl than winning the Super Bowl, they are in trouble anyways.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:44 AM

I cant see the Colts making it to the Super Bowl. They are jinxed. Two weeks ago the elderly 72 Dolphins were in jeopardy of not having a reason to get out of bed anymore, and now they are dragging ass into the playoffs. Terrible combination, plus the Pats are starting to play better and the Steelers are playing well too. I wouldnt worry about Seattle either, and I cant tell you why.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant see the Colts making it to the Super Bowl. They are jinxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt worry about Seattle either, and I cant tell you why.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh, let me try.

There you have it.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:31 AM

The Seahawks are better than almost anyone gives them credit for, especially at home.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:10 AM

Unfortunately, the Redskins have been playing very well, the Giants are still good, and the Bears with a passing offense are all very capable of beating the Hawks. So is Tampa.

Gotta like having home-field + bye though.