Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-22-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Fire Jim Hendry plz

It was going to take too much to get Giles. He wanted to stay in SD. Sure he might have been a cub for something ridiculous like 3yrs/$45mil, but would that have been worth it?

Jones' contract will be movable if the cubs want, its not the end of the world. He apparently turned down 3yrs/$18 from the Royals. So there is demand for him. Same goes for Pierre, lots of teams wanted him this off season. When Pie is ready to play, they will make space for him.

Jones isnt the ideal player for the team, but signing him is in no way going to doom the franchise.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:52 PM

All Giles news up here (Toronto) was about the Blue Jays, Dodgers and Padres. I don't think the Cubbies came up once in all the coverage I saw. Jones and Pierre...if I were a Cubs' fan, I'd want Hendry's head on a stick. Your line up is going to wear out opposing catchers.

G
Old 12-22-2005, 01:46 PM

Yeah and Dusty too! Cubs/Sox smacktalk isn't even any fun anymore. The Cubs fans can't even disagree that they suck and all they can do is shake their heads and agree.

From a serious standpoint the Cubs should back up the truck and start over. Move Prior, Zambrano, Lee and Rameriez and accumulate every decent prospect on the planet. In a few years they may be okay. As it is they will suck this year, next year and maybe every year for ANOTHER 100 or so.

They are rich and will continue to draw while rebuilding and if ever there was a team in position to rebuild they are with their fan base. But with Hendry and Baker they will never ever go anywhere except possibly the middle of the pack if they catch some breaks.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:45 PM

espn rumor central claims, via ken rosenthal, that hendry is willing to trade prior for tejada.

I expect all chicagoans to meet me at tribune headquarters if this happens to demand jim hendry be lynched.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:19 PM

Old 12-23-2005, 02:08 AM

What is Phil Rogers's obsession with trading Zambrano, who probably will be the best pitcher of this decade?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is Phil Rogers's obsession with trading Zambrano, who probably will be the best pitcher of this decade?

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Rogers is a clueless douchebag. Ignore him.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Rogers is a clueless douchebag

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnta said it better myself! Every time I read what this clown writes (about either local team) I wonder how he got a gig writing about baseball? He is totally and utterly clueless on all levels.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:40 PM

I am getting really worried about this deal now. I don't want to have to burn down the tribune building, but I will if I have to.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:15 PM

Bruce Levine is apparently reporting that Hendry has officially made a trade proposal:

Cubs get Miguel Tejada, Erik Bedard
Orioles get Mark Prior, Rich Hill, Korey Patterson

Oriole fans are apparently falling over themselves hoping this trade goes through.