Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-20-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Fire Jim Hendry plz

VOMIT
Old 12-20-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Fire Jim Hendry plz

This signing makes perfect sense. That is, if Hendry is looking to assemble a team that will NEVER take an unintentional walk and strike out 2000 times.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:55 AM

NOOOOO!!! I knew this [censored] would happen. It was so predictable.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:34 AM

web page
Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
web page

[/ QUOTE ]

That.

Rules.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:12 AM

LMAO, Szym is awesome.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:04 AM

Hahaha.

I am trying to figure out who made worse offseason moves - the Dodgers or the Cubs. DFA'ing Macias has to count for a lot, I guess, so I'll stick with the Dodgers.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:00 PM

The only real problem I had with Hendry before the offseason was that he hasn't fired Dusty yet. But this offseason he has proven he has no idea what he's doing. How do you not even CONSIDER bringing in Giles when his obp is exactly what the team needs?? Anyone who thinks Jones is better than Giles has no business even running a fantasy baseball team.

It's also obvious he has no plan. He refuses to trade Pie, who will be ready in 2007, yet he is going to give Pierre an extension. With Jones signed for 3 years, where is Pie gonna play? He doesn't actually plan on going with a Jones/Pierre/Pie outfield in 07 does he? Moran.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only real problem I had with Hendry before the offseason was that he hasn't fired Dusty yet. But this offseason he has proven he has no idea what he's doing. How do you not even CONSIDER bringing in Giles when his obp is exactly what the team needs?? Anyone who thinks Jones is better than Giles has no business even running a fantasy baseball team.

It's also obvious he has no plan. He refuses to trade Pie, who will be ready in 2007, yet he is going to give Pierre an extension. With Jones signed for 3 years, where is Pie gonna play? He doesn't actually plan on going with a Jones/Pierre/Pie outfield in 07 does he? Moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bolded my favorite part of your post. It's very sad that Hendry did such a great job building up the farm system before he became GM. He obviously dosen't have a good gauge of major league talent.

That being said, Hendry went after Giles, but Giles took a hometown discount to stay in San Diego. Nothing he could've done.

Please tell me why you would want to trade Felix Pie?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:31 AM

I don't remember reading anything about him being interested in Giles, and I'm almost positive he didn't make an offer. If he was serious about getting him I think he could've gotten him.

And I never said I wanted to trade Pie, even though I'm a little worried about the Cubs rushing him and turning him into Corey Patterson Jr. But if Pierre signs an extension (likely) that will make 2/3 outfield spots taken for 07 when Pie's ready, and that's not including Murton who has a good chance to put up better numbers than Pierre and Jones next year. It would've made much more sense to sign Sanders to a 1 yr deal so there would definitely be an open spot for Pie. Or trade Pie (only way i'd trade him) and a few others for a big bat like Abreu, Tejada or Dunn.

And trust me, I know how to spell moron. I'm sure you've seen the picture.