Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-19-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: my term paper on Conservatives and the Cold War (long) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 12-19-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: my term paper on Conservatives and the Cold War (long)

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize there was a "modern liberalism" party or platform propagating "their idealogy" [sic]. What you morons paint with broad strokes and the evil "L" word is hardly a monolithic entity. Isn't that totally [censored] obvious? Are you really as [censored] stupid as you come across in all your posts? Did your daddy anally rape you or something?

Such [censored] hostility. Pathetic little bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe the way you're putting this is sort of mean, but I pretty much agree with what you're saying.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:44 PM

Other then showing your own immaturity and hostility, your post has no point.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:57 PM

This post by InchoateHand will prove or disprove a theory that was put forward by another poster in another thread.

I'll hold my typing fingers for now.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:26 PM

Edit: The level of hostility and anger present in this thread and politics in general is destructive for democracy. I blame people on both the right and left for this problem. I apologize to people I have offended on this forum. My intent is not to mock you or make you angry. Instead, I want to have an intellectual discussion about politics and future of our great country.

Let's try to figure out a way to talk to one another without killing each other. If we can't do that, then I'm really worried about the future.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The level of hostility and anger present in this thread and politics in general is destructive for democracy. I blame people on both the right and left for this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see how your paper furthers this hostility and anger by declaring the other side wrong without trying to see their side?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:35 PM

You can't see the footnotes, but I read so much conservative writing over the past few weeks that I almost became one. I absolutely understand conservative ideas. I also have begun reading all the big conservative blogs, like Little Green Footballs, The Corner, and Powerline.

PM if you want to know what books I read.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 PM

I understand you may be reading them, but you may not be understanding them. In your posts it seems like you want to learn about conservativism to destroy it. Not because you want to expand your ideas. That is how your paper reads.

You think conservativism is some corporate fat cats in a room somewhere thinking of ways to drum up hate and nationalism to get themselves rich. That is true of a lot of rightist movements, and of current Republicans. But that doesn't mean its true of an entire idealogy or movement. Conservatism is powerful because a lot of its ideas are powerful, not because they are marketed better. There is more too this then you think.

Are all conservative ideas good, no. I hate a lot of them, its why I'm not a conservative. But your actually gonna have to give them a fair shake in order to truly understand them.

I guess simply put, try using the scientific method. Instead of deciding conservatism is wrong and then looking for evidence to prove that, try looking at evidence before drawing conclusions. For instance, read an economics textbook before making judgements about the economy. If I could just get every liberal in the country to understand ECO 101 the libertarian party could finally capture the presidency [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 08:18 PM

This is what they are teaching the kids in school these days?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 PM

Do you have any sources? Who told you that FDR brought us out of the depression?