Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Girl that needs a nose job BAD

No, I agree. But I'm not making fun, I love her!!! I'd rather see it in here than deleted.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:38 PM

I think Scrub's reasons are out to lunch. The fact is that 2p2 isn't in any position of legal liability by allowing that thread to exist.

If there's a "no photoshopping/mocking the innocent" policy- then I think we should make that clear.

The problem with just moving a thread like this and not saying why is that nobody learns from their "mistakes". I think if we're trying to clean up things, it's good to make a post that says "this is why this happened, please stop". Otherwise you just get people freaking out and calling everybody Nazis and being silly.

Josh- Kristen Kreuk (I suck at spelling) is Lana Lang from Smallville and is amazingly hot.

Plz see:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Kr...amp;oi=imagest
Old 11-29-2005, 06:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

taking action on something and making an immediate post about it around oot usually results in the 'why i did it' converting into version 2.0 of the offending thread itself. 'hey what's he talking about?' 'oh these pics, they're right HERE' 'hey why did you do that?' and that sort of thing.

if there's a statement to make about this i agree it should be made, but done so in a general way and not in reference to or right behind a particular offense. it's not clear where the line is drawn here so i think it should be clarified first - thus moving it to the mod forum and having this very discussion.

i hope the practice is able to continue in some reasonable way, because i really enjoy the 'rate my girlfriend' stuff (and so obviously does most of oot). i think the only real problem threads are those created for the sole purpose of personal vilification.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must admit, it's the first 13 page OOT thread I've ever read the whole way through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. That was hysterical!

Surf
Old 11-29-2005, 07:04 PM

I don't think you need to become too defensive about your actions. It's "your" forum and you make the calls while you're still the moderator there.

Until Jim and I cleaned up the Zoo we would have to make difficult decisions which weren't always popular with everyone, but that's just how it is. You're in the hot seat, now.

There was discussion a while back about how it might not be such a good thing to have very specific do and don't rules, as in some ways they can work against sensible moderation and going with the acceptable and accepted flow of a forum.

My guess in this case is that there will be a lot of people who are disappointed with the thread having disappeared, but, as even Evan intimated, they will also have a certain acceptance that it should have gone.

Carry on doing what you feel you have to do, when you feel you need to, as another reasonable person would want you to do, but without having rigid rules that you must follow in every situation.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i don't regret the decision or feel the need to justify it. i did move it here for the sake of discussion instead of deleting it, though.

the reason i look for rules in a situation like this is because there are potential legal ramifications, and because on the most controversial/nebulous issues i would prefer to say "that is policy" instead of "that is my policy." i'm simply uninterested in taking the time to argue the subject over and over with users on both sides.

i constantly ban/lock/delete/edit. i made a post about justin because somebody reversed my ban without consulting me. i'm discussing this here because i think it warrants an actual policy. with your suggestion that i want a playbook it sounds like you're grossly underestimating how much moderation is required in oot. if i made a post every time i did something, the moderator forum would be unreadable because of the traffic i'd create.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Scrub's reasons are out to lunch. The fact is that 2p2 isn't in any position of legal liability by allowing that thread to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this is the case, I'm pretty sure Mason and co. don't want to really have to test this out in court to make sure. My point regarding Scrub's point, is just that similar threads have been locked/deleted in the past, and it's certainly feasible to expect the same here in a case where apparently the family is uber-rich.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM

Nolan,

I agree with this logic, in retrospect seems like a good enough reason to nuke the thread.

I also assumed that the reason astro moved it was to talk about it, and I assume that astro knows that my questions/comments were intented in the spirit of discussion and not "OMGWTF" or anything.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i constantly ban/lock/delete/edit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that you do.

[ QUOTE ]
you're grossly underestimating how much moderation is required in oot. if i made a post every time i did something, the moderator forum would be unreadable because of the traffic i'd create.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep up the good work, but always remember that yours is a voluntary position, and if the job becomes too much of a chore, then you can always give it up, and no one will think any the worse of you.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nolan,

I agree with this logic, in retrospect seems like a good enough reason to nuke the thread.

I also assumed that the reason astro moved it was to talk about it, and I assume that astro knows that my questions/comments were intented in the spirit of discussion and not "OMGWTF" or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hear ya.

holla? Nah, doesn't sound right coming from me.