Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Played like a girlie-man? 2-4 party, trip T\'s

[ QUOTE ]
The BB is more than likely on Tx. You beat this. You must 3-bet the turn. If he caps, I would still raise any non-club river. Don't worry about a monster hand, especially when YOU have a monster hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so given my turn call (and button calls), what do you do when the scare card falls on the river? Call?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not 3-betting the turn is criminal. You want to charge anyone with any type of draw. Better yet, a lot of worse hands with call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 3-betting knocks out the button and puts the BB into check-calling mode, have I gained anything?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The BB is more than likely on Tx. You beat this. You must 3-bet the turn. If he caps, I would still raise any non-club river. Don't worry about a monster hand, especially when YOU have a monster hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so given my turn call (and button calls), what do you do when the scare card falls on the river? Call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the way you played it, I raise the river. I think it's a weak-tight mentality to be fearing runner-runner anything, especially on a flop-paired board.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, maybe it isn't the best way to look at things, but in general I equate VP$IP% with someone's affinity for any-2 cards. So someone w/ a VP$IP% of 30%, I'd expect him to fold a flop he missed.. so I take his check-raise much more seriously than someone with a VP$IP% of 50%, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]
By that logic 44 is the only hand you lose to and that further justifies the 3-bet. And again, tight/loose has nothing to do with passive/aggressive.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not 3-betting the turn is criminal. You want to charge anyone with any type of draw. Better yet, a lot of worse hands with call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 3-betting knocks out the button and puts the BB into check-calling mode, have I gained anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you assuming button will fold to a 3-bet?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you assuming button will fold to a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand does he limp pre-flop with, call 1 on flop, 1 on the turn, and then cold-call 2 with? Maybe AcKc.. that's about it? I think odds are good that he folds to 2.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hand does he limp pre-flop with, call 1 on flop, 1 on the turn, and then cold-call 2 with? Maybe AcKc.. that's about it? I think odds are good that he folds to 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen players call with all kinds of crazy hands here, especially on paired boards. More importantly, you want him to pay, in the case he has a draw.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Results

Okay, well sounds like the concensus is that I played this like a girlie-man..

Results:
BB flips over K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHIG.

So w/ perfect hindsight, I could most likely have gotten another 1-2BB out of him, as he would have probably capped the turn and/or bet out on the flop still.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Given a BB w/ VP$IP% of 30%, what hand do you put his check-raise on?

Guys, and this is very important:

When the BB sees the flop for free, he did not choose his cards. The stat means nothing. And there's a huge difference between preflop and postflop tightness. 3-bet the turn.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 PM

kem,

If you're that sure he'll fold for two, what makes you so sure he'll call one? And I'm positive he doesn't have AcKc. But if he did have two clubs why wouldn't you wan't him to fold?

Chief