Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Party 15-30 A9o

[ QUOTE ]
However, Do you think raising to continue to represent an overpair would have any value? or would it kill the action to often to be a valuable play. With a raise on the flop the rest of the hand gets easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB will often have either a deuce (or other small pair) or nothing w/ this lead bet. I'd say most of the time he won't have a nine. He'll often lead again on the turn w/ those hands. Button will call one bet on the flop w/ a wide range of hands drawing very thin. So, I think just calling is the better play. Of course, the hand is easiest to play if everyone just folds, but that's no fun.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:02 AM

I don't know if this is what ElDiablo was thinking or not but one very good argument for not raising the flop is that your opponent may be on a bluff with a hand that is drawing dead or nearly dead and your raise will end the hand when you could have gotten at least another BB out of him.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is what ElDiablo was thinking or not but one very good argument for not raising the flop is that your opponent may be on a bluff with a hand that is drawing dead or nearly dead and your raise will end the hand when you could have gotten at least another BB out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only was he thinking that, but El Diablo was typing that at the very moment you were typing your message. See the post right before yours. Spooky.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:09 AM

Yea, I would have just called as well. Too many people bet the flop with near nothing to see where they are at. It would fold around to often.

If BB stayed in do you raise the turn?
Or let him overcall again?