Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 09:30 PM

Default breaking the 1BB/100 barrier

Context: low-limit (1/2) online limit

I am struggling to get my winrate above 1BB/100 hands, trying to figure out what I am doing wrong that keeps me from making several BB/100 hands like I hear others claiming.

My first question is, when people say they are making 5BB/100, is that AFTER the rake? looking at my performance, I am making a lot more money for the website than for myself, and if were to count the rake as part of my winnings (which it would be in a homegame) then I would be right there at about 5BB/100.

My second question is, how tight is too tight? I have tried to rachet down to 20% total hands played, but I cant get away from the feeling that when I fold 66 or JQs in early position that I am leaving money on the table. Can I be profitable playing as much as 25% or is this a hole?

On that same note, I find myself playing about a third of the small blinds, about two-thirds of the large, which means that at a full table I would have to limit myself to about ten percent of the non-blind hands in order to have my total at 20%.

Third and last, my poker office program provides a daunting amount of data. Besides hands played, what other stats are most telling? I have no idea what my flop/trn%, etc, etc should be.

any advice would be appreciated.