Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Pushing over LP limper - how often is this EV+?

Well, I pushed in this case pre-flop and he called with K/K make me a solid dog. In this particular hand, I don't think the PF push or the stop-and-go would have made a difference (although the S&G would have been a semi-bluff since I flopped a flush draw).

However, after thinking it over a bit I started to wonder about how often a PF push over a LP openlimp will get an opponent to lay down a hand. Obviously in this case, the villian was trapping and I fell right into it, but how often is an opponent trapping like this? I think it is very rare, but perhaps others disagree. How often do you think I can get someone to fold here? Unfortunately I didn't have a read on the villian in this hand or I could have saved some chips (or at least put them in with the flush draw after the flop). My thinking was that although I had very few chips to push with and I would be giving him 2:1 PO, since I had seen him limp/fold to a PFR before, maybe I could get him to lay down his hand again especially since he would have to call off 1/2 his stack.

Why do you say I can't get away from this hand? Is it because of the PO? I know I will be very short in another couple of hands, but I am still wondering if it might have been better to wait for a better hand to push with.

On another note, I didn't see anyone else that I recognized, but Babs was sitting on a very nice stack when I joined the table. I heard she was playing all of the events in this tourney (Ho Ho Hold'em). She seemed to be pretty nice, although pissed like everyone else at the table at how inept our dealer was.

thanks for the feedback,

ts-