Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Turn check raise

Not much knowon on the button, except that when he re-raised earlier, he had AKs. He has never contested me on my raise before, as I have been pretty aggro, and he also never flat called my raise. I decided to check the flop, and then he hesitated and bet. I felt that on the turn I would define his hand, so I check-raised, expecting to fold to a three-bet, and he flat called. I immediately put him on KK or QQ with a spade. Thoughts?

Side note: I was a bit concerned about AJ or a weaker A, but his weakness to my multiple earlier raises made me feel that he either had a Killer A or a high pocket pair, in which case he will hopefully three bet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB
Old 10-16-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Turn check raise

Raising the turn seems really bad. You're not folding better hands, and you will often fold big pockets. I'd just check and call, then bet out on most rivers.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Turn check raise

I think this is a good time for the check/call, check/call bet line.