Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 07:22 PM

Default how do I figure out the cumulative odds?

I had this guy heads up...had him down to 2000 chips vs. my 6000. He tilt-pushes QT vs. my A6 after I had JUST called his bad bluff with two pair. Flop was TTJ. He doubles through to 4500. I widdle him back down to 3000 in chips, he raises into my AJ preflop, I reraise he auto-calls with KT. Flop KQx and I can't catch any help. He's up to 6000. Three hands later I push my KQ and he auto calls with KT. He makes broadway on the river.

How do I calculate how insanely bad my luck was to lose ALL THREE OF THESE HANDS TO THE SAME [censored] DONKEY!!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: how do I figure out the cumulative odds?

about 4%. you figure out his odds on each of the three, then multiply.

so you cashed out a few days ago, huh? <sigh>
Old 11-30-2005, 07:31 PM

I just ran PokerStove (with DoomSwitch Special Edition) and you were a 0% favorite in these hands. You dog is also going to die tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had this guy heads up...had him down to 2000 chips vs. my 6000. He tilt-pushes QT vs. my A6 after I had JUST called his bad bluff with two pair. Flop was TTJ. He doubles through to 4500. I widdle him back down to 3000 in chips, he raises into my AJ preflop, I reraise he auto-calls with KT. Flop KQx and I can't catch any help. He's up to 6000. Three hands later I push my KQ and he auto calls with KT. He makes broadway on the river.

How do I calculate how insanely bad my luck was to lose ALL THREE OF THESE HANDS TO THE SAME [censored] DONKEY!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are messing with you, to figure out the odds you need to first calculate your outs. On the first hand you were a favorite to win obviously, but I think you know that, you stayed a favorite on the flop, you had 6 outs to his 4. thats 2/3*100+50=83%. So you were about 83% to win that hand. The second hand you're also a favorite, but not by much. You've got 6 outs to his 5, so thats 1/6*100+50= around 66%. The third hand is a race, you've both got 3 outs, so thats not a bad beat, the push is good because you have some fold equity, and him calling you is ev neutral. So the first two hands, tough beat. The third hand, not so much.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do I figure out the cumulative odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Oh, I thought you said Cumulotive...