Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Should I quit my job?

Ok...first off, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have been 4 tabling the $215's for about 6 months although I "seriously" started playing about 2 months ago. I basically decided to start over on Eurobet with a $200 bankroll, working my way up from the $11's. Well, 2 months later, I have a little over $20K in that site. I have not been keeping records of my games until only about 5 days ago, so I only have about 300 sngs worth of stats, although it is obvious to me I am winning.
First 113 games: 30.3% ITM, 6% ROI
next 122 games: 40% ITM, 27% ROI
todays work 52 games: 44% ITM, 41% ROI

I had 11K in my account about a week ago and since playing these a lot, I am up about 10K. Now for the questions...
I am a fulltime student and I also work a $10 an hour job. Basically, working seems quite pointless to me now that I am making significant money whereas before playing poker, I was making like $30 an hour, so i didnt mind keeping my job, as it really is a great job for a college student. I guess it is obvious i SHOULD quit my job, but I am wondering how many games I need to play in order to be sure I am not going to go broke eventually. I know 300ish is not enough at all, but I have played more than that. I have only started keeping records because I realized that I was actually doing well.
Also, I noticed pretty big swings from the 1st 100 to the 2nd 100 games. I am wondering if I should expect sometime in the near or far future to see a huge drop, as in like -20% ROI over 100 or so games. Thanks for your time. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Should I quit my job?

I quit my part time college job to play poker. It's really the way to go. Those jobs are a stupid waste of time, your only in them for the money.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:09 AM

- Your running good

- You will hit a downswing over many hundred tournaments

- You need to read/post on the Single table tournament forum for many of these issues

- Funding college playing poker is perfectly viable.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:23 PM

Holy crap. You must be running very well, otherwise I should definitely learn to play in these SnG's.